102

The atmosphere on the flight back to London was a mix of relief, tension, and unspoken concerns

The atmosphere on the flight back to London was a mix of relief, tension, and unspoken concerns. The Hungarian Grand Prix had come to an end, and Alexandra, Charles, and their closest friends and family were returning to London. Despite their best efforts to stay together and support Alexandra during the trial, some members of their group, like Kimi and Esteban, couldn't remain, as their racing commitments took precedence.

Charles had been growing increasingly frustrated with Ferrari. They seemed oblivious to the fact that the trial was of paramount importance to both him and Carlos. Alexandra was not just a girlfriend or friend; she was family. They couldn't abandon her in her time of need.

This, coupled with the ever-widening gap between Alexandra and Lewis, was taking a toll on everyone's patience. Despite James's earnest efforts to reconcile two of the closest people in his life, Alexandra and Lewis couldn't seem to be in the same room without sparking conflict.

Alexandra's solution to this growing tension was to avoid both Lewis and James altogether.

The flight, though meant to be a time to relax, had Alexandra in deep introspection. Her realization was sudden and profound. This week, the trial would come to a close, and she would finally discover the fate of her future. The jury's decision would determine whether she could live without fear or if she would spend the next few years counting down to Jackson Morgan's release with trepidation.

As hard as her friends tried to reach out and support her, she had withdrawn into her shell, talking to only one person—Charles.

During the flight, Charles was the one who managed to break through her walls. The silent understanding and unwavering support he provided had become Alexandra's lifeline. It was as if she had allowed Charles into the innermost chambers of her heart and mind, where no one else was permitted.

On the flight, it was impossible not to notice the palpable connection between Lexi and Charles. They sat so close that they were practically inseparable. Her legs were draped over his, her body nestled so tightly against his that it might as well have been perched on his lap.

Charles had his arm wrapped around her, his gentle fingers tracing soothing patterns on her legs. The couple shared soft-spoken words, secrets exchanged in hushed tones, punctuated by shared smiles and furtive kisses stolen when they thought no one was watching.

Their friends observed this unfolding connection with a mix of admiration and understanding. They had witnessed the deep bond between Lexi and Charles for quite some time, but this was a different level of intimacy.

Even with the trials and tribulations they had faced, Alexandra had rarely let anyone inside the fortress of her heart. She had shielded herself from others, even those who loved her dearly. However, this change was significant.

Lexi had finally allowed someone to break through her formidable walls.

To their friends, it was clear that Lexi and Charles were more than just a couple in love; they were soulmates, meant to be together. Charles was the protector she needed, a source of strength and unwavering support. He cherished her in a way that was unique and perfectly tailored to her needs.