Chapter 17: Home Is Where the What?

The amassed team of Genma Shiranui, Naruto Uzumaki, Kotetsu Hagane, and Izumo Kamizuki stood in front of the Hokage's desk, having just given their report on the mission to Kumo. Tsunade had to rub her forehead at the report, "Naruto... how do you get arrested in Kumo after being there for four hours tops?"

Naruto shrugged, "Hokage-sama, Murphy's Law just loves me like that I guess. Come on now, are you really surprised by this point that this stuff happens to me even when I don't instigate it? You should know this by now."

Tsunade sighed and waved it off, "Alright, other than the extracurricular activities of someone here." She said while looking at Naruto, "Good work. You're all dismissed and have a few days of leave."

The group nodded and turned to leave, "Naruto you stay." Tsunade said before he could exit the office. Naruto turned back around to face the blonde woman, "Can I talk to you for a moment?"

Naruto walked back over to her desk and leaned on it, "What do you need baa-chan." The toothy grin on his face let her know that he knew this was personal more than anything else, "I need to get some sleep and then head into my favorite place to get some destructive new jutsu down."

Tsunade shook her head in amusement, "Alright brat, I asked you before, but I'm going to try it again. How strong do you think you are?"

Naruto raised an eyebrow, "In a straight up fight or when I get the drop on somebody?"

Tsunade blinked, "Both if you know."

Naruto though about it, "Well I'm good enough from the shadows to kill one of Orochimaru's bodyguards before he even knew I was there, and I can stay hidden in an enemy stronghold for months at a time if I had to, I don't really like that though, it's nervewracking." He started pacing around her office, "What would you rank Orochimaru's right-hand man Kabuto and Kimimaro Kaguya if you had to?"

Tsunade understood where he was going with that. It was hard to rank yourself, so he was comparing himself to others, "Both of them would be considered jounin level."

Naruto nodded, "I don't really count Kabuto though, he didn't try fighting me for real until I had him beaten so I only have experience against one jounin level ninja since my promotion. You just promoted me like two months ago, are you really looking to do it again so soon?"

Tsunade picked up Genma's written report from the desk, "All of your teammates have stated that you might make a good candidate in the future for Anbu. I already figured that you would be a jounin in a year or two if you keep growing. Now enough about that, what did you actually do in Kumo, your report says that you spent some time with a few of the people there but you didn't elaborate at all."

Naruto sat down in a chair and smiled at Tsunade. She was very good to him after he had brought her back to Konoha. It was something akin to a sibling-esque relationship, she was his boss, but she legitimately cared about him. Naruto was very grateful to her for this, he probably would do anything in his power that Tsunade asked of him, even if he didn't directly answer to her, "I beat up an entire team of Kumo chunin that challenged me to a spar after my arrest, by the way there were two girls on that team and they seem to like me. I met Kumo's two jinchuuriki. One of them is utterly insane, like on the level of Lee and Gai, insane, but the other one is a few years older than me and she's hot. She's a sweetheart too."

Tsunade's eyes gleamed, 'Finally I might have some ammunition on the brat. Drink yourself into a stupor without me will you? I'll show you.' "So what else brat?"

Naruto ignored the look as he kept listing things off, "Let's see, I made Kotetsu and Izumo give themselves alcohol burns on their testicles, I won all of their money, by the way place their paychecks for the mission in my name, and some guy tried to kill me. Oh! And I also-."