Chapter 35: Self-Esteem

As Sandayuu was fretting over Yukie, now definitely ousted as Koyuki Kazahana, and the director was inside alongside his assistant drooling over the action scenes he had shot due to the battle that had just taken place, Sakura was busy trying to get feeling back into Naruto's fingers. The last jutsu that Nadare used against him didn't hit, but the sheer cold it produced from simply being in its vicinity was enough to give him frostbite. Lucky for him he had a medic-nin on his squad or else he might have been out of luck when it came to his fingers and toes, especially since they were in Yuki no Kuni and it wasn't going to suddenly get all warm and pleasant outside in this country.

"Hey Sakura." Naruto said as they sat inside of the main trailer of the expedition through Yuki no Kuni with all of the others. He got a 'hmm' in response letting him know she was listening as she used Shousen Jutsu (Mystical Palm Jutsu), "I know a better way to get my hands warm. It doesn't cost chakra either."

Sakura's head turned up from her work on his fingers, "What?"

Naruto looked away innocently, "You could just let me put my hands under your shirt. You know, body heat."

Sakura gave him an even look with a tick mark on her head, "You're a pervert." Naruto placed his fingers slightly apart and mouthed out 'a little bit'. Sakura's brow twitched as a dark smirk came to her face, "Tsunade-shishou taught me how to deal with perverts like you."

"Please." Naruto rolled his eyes, "Just because Ero-sennin trained me up a bit doesn't mean that I took on his habit of standing still when an asskicking was about to come his way."

Sakura gave him a sickeningly sweet smile, "Maybe, but you are currently sitting here with your hands in my grip." Naruto's face paled as he tried pulling them free only to find them stuck fast, "So watch yourself from now on, okay taichou?"

Naruto gave her a stiff nod, "You got it Sakura."

"Good." Sakura chirped as she tugged on his cheek.

Naruto sighed in relief when she stood up and walked away from him, 'Okay, do not do that stuff with Sakura, she does not find it cute in any way.' He started flexing his fingers out, Sakura did really good work, 'Why did the idea of her pummeling me actually turn me on though? Kami, there's something wrong with me. Ero-kyofu's roots run deeper than I thought.

Naruto's thoughts were cut short when Sai and Tenten entered the room and sat down at the table. Naruto, getting in the spirit of the predicament as team leader put his proverbial game face on, "What do you guys have for me?"

Sai immediately responded, "We didn't find them Naruto-senpai. The glacier sank not long after the ship got out of sight. They weren't there anymore."

Tenten took a seat at the table, "Who were those guys anyway?"

Naruto answered her, "Ninja from the hidden village of Yukigakure. And they're here for Yukie... or should I say Princess Koyuki. And you knew this the whole time didn't you Sandayuu?"

Sandayuu's eyes widened, "How did you possibly know Naruto-san? You couldn't possibly know anything about our country and what has transpired over the years, you're too young."

Naruto crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair, "It's a story that you don't want to hear right now, but that's not important right now. You had to know that this was totally dangerous bringing her back here at all, identity change or not."

Sandayuu sighed, "You're right, but it was the only way I could think of to get the princess back to Yuki no Kuni." He said despondently.

Sakura looked over to Koyuki who was in the corner of the room with a cold look on her face, "So Yukie Fujikaze is a real life princess of an entire country? And Sandayuu is from Yuki no Kuni as well?"