Chapter 37: Heavy Forecast

Hamako entered the Hokage Tower with her usual serene smile on her face. She had a stack of papers in her arms, letting those around her know this was a business trip, but from the look on her face it was if she were taking a nice morning stroll.

As she neared Tsunade's office she said good morning to the shinobi stationed inside as Tsunade's assistants and the like before making her way to Tsunade's most trusted one, "Hello Shizune-san. I have an appointment with Hokage-sama this morning."

Shizune gave her a smile, "It's nice that you actually make appointments instead of just dropping in like Naruto-kun does. How he never drops in when she's busy I'll never know."

Hamako let out a small giggle, "Naruto-sama is good like that. He doesn't like being formal outside of missions though. May I enter?"

"Yes you can." Shizune said, "Go right ahead."

Hamako bowed to Shizune and headed inside of Tsunade's office. The head of the female kage looked up at her and gave her a smile, "Hello Hamako. How are you today and what can I do for you?"

Hamako bowed to Tsunade and placed the papers she had with her on the desk, "I'm doing well Hokage-sama. I came here today because I want to surprise Naruto-sama when he gets back."

Tsunade looked at her curiously, "Surprise him how? Naruto doesn't really like most surprises seeing as how they try to kill him." She looked at some of the papers Hamako left on her desk, "I assume you just came from the bank this morning."

"Yes I did." Hamako said, "And he will like this surprise. Master has an excess amount of spare money due to his frequent higher level missions, captured bounty of Akasuna no Sasori, and does not have to readily support me due to my work at the Academy. He has a lot of money and as such I suggest a move from his apartment to an actual home. I've been dealing with this on and off for almost a year now."

Looking through more of the papers Hamako carried in, Tsunade got her point, "So I assume you're here because you've decided on something he would like and you're relaying this to me due to him being my shinobi."

A nod from the elder blonde woman came from Hamako, "Yes, it should be something nice for master to come home to after this mission he's currently on. Would you like to visit the one I've chosen after it is made official later today Hokage-sama?"

Tsunade smiled at her, "Certainly. You should come back around six in the evening. I'm sure he'll love it."

XxX

(With Naruto – Amegakure no Sato)

Naruto had a dry look on his cloaked and covered face as he sat quietly on a passenger boat. Other than the man running the boat and the five other passengers aboard, Naruto only had one thought running through his mind, 'I hate the rain, I hate the rain, I hate the rain, I hate-.'

"Shut up right now or I will start singing again." Kyuubi growled in his head. Amegakure no Sato was surrounded by water created by the perpetual rainfall that took place in the village. Just outside of the flooded area lay a smattering of outlying villages, where Naruto boarded a boat intended to come into the main hidden village itself. The boat ride had lasted for around an hour with no canopy over top. Thus the only thing keeping Naruto from the elements was the cloak over his head that he was using to obscure his features, and it was bitterly cold outside as well.

'Sorry Kyuubi.' Naruto thought to his demonic inmate, 'But rain is the precipitation I hate the most, and it's cold as hell too, making it worse... Maybe I should have tried taking the other way in. It might be dryer than this. Fucking rain... I hate the rain, I hate the rain, I hate the rain-. Ugh, sorry.'