Chapter 45: Use Your Illusion

Naruto, Sasuke, and Itachi all faced off with each other. The shock from Naruto's Sharingan was still settling in the two brothers and Naruto was trying to adjust to the sight. It wasn't letting him see in red vision the way he thought it would, good thing it didn't. But he had never been able to see so clearly in his entire life, out of that eye anyway. His left eye had the view that it always had. It was like looking through a half of a freshly cleaned glass window on a bright spring day and leaving the other half unwiped if he had to compare it to anything.

When Maki first put it in he had a rightly tough time trying to get down timing. What his left eye saw full speed his right eye saw in damn near slow motion. The mixture of the two was a total mindfuck at first until he came to terms with the fact that whatever moved slowest was the correct moving speed. He hadn't tried this in a fight yet, but he was going to have to learn on the fly if he wanted to walk away from this one. When he looked at Itachi and Sasuke he could see the chakra built up around their eyes, signifying their Sharingan use beyond just the physical appearance of the Sharingan. He might be able to get used to this; he could see when techniques were forming and have time to prepare if he got his timing down, which he would have to in this battle or die trying.

But there was a time and a place for everything and now wasn't the time to be thinking about his replacement eye. This was only meant to give him his full breadth of vision back for the battle, nothing more. Fighting anyone as dangerous as these two handicapped would be a grave mistake, 'Okay decision time...' Naruto thought to himself as he found himself in a three-way standoff, 'If I go after Itachi then Sasuke will try to take me out because he wants Itachi to himself. If I go after Sasuke then Itachi would just sit back and watch and try to pick me off later... just me... not Sasuke. He'd save Sasuke for last no matter what. But if I don't do anything then Sasuke would just attack me anyway, and Itachi would just attack me anyway... and I'd be fucked no matter what I did because I'm in the way.'

He had to drop in when he did. This was Uchiha land. This was an Uchiha hideout. And like he said, he was on the clock to catch up to them in the first place before the battle ended and one was dead and the other vamoosed. It was either get in now at the start, or get caught skulking around when they started winging the big stuff at each other, which would expose him when he started dodging collateral damage and they would double-team him anyway. Uchiha business was Uchiha business, and don't let the eye fool you. He wasn't a fucking Uchiha. They called each other out. There was no invite to a Naruto Uzumaki at all when they ran across his clone in the forest, he crashed this party, and party-crashers were never welcome.

Itachi looked between Naruto and his little brother Sasuke. His Akatsuki target and the brother he had been building to a deathmatch struggle against for over half a decade. He was not about to allow Naruto to ruin this. This was to be his redemption. Sasuke was his target, Naruto had no business here, 'And what is this familiar feeling I'm getting from his Sharingan eye? How did he even get a Sharingan eye?' He decided to question Naruto on this, "Naruto-kun how did you obtain that eye? Why do you have it?"

Naruto never took his eyes off of either brother lest he get his head taken off. This was a whole different situation than the last time he had fought both. Itachi was still Itachi, badass. Sasuke was now not only naturally stronger as he had been good enough to put Orochimaru down and beat Tayuya without taking any damage, but he was certain he had been subjected to more than a few experiments from Orochimaru or Kabuto to improve his body for Orochimaru's eventual possession, "If you have to know, I was given the eye by someone who is a mutual enemy of you both. I was going to find out more about it before I thought about using it, but blame Deidara for rushing my decision... the bastard took my eye when I took his life, and I couldn't let either of you just walk away from this. This chance was too good to get one or the other... I didn't think I'd be getting both."