Chapter 61: The World is Mine

Surrounded by more than one hundred people... or White Zetsus? That was fine? Facing off with original Zetsu himself as well? Bring it on.

Throw in the man that stated that he was Madara Uchiha, and that was something of a problem. There were still people afraid of that name. And with good reason as well. There were the boogeymen of the ninja world that comprised most of Akatsuki, and then there were men like Madara Uchiha. Legends of others were based off of merely surviving being within seeing distance of a Madara Uchiha battle.

Still, this man did not exude that kind of raw presence. He felt like nothing at all. Not nothing like he was weak, but nothing as if he had no idea just what his name meant.

"Your property..." Naruto said carefully, glad that he was in Sage Mode just in case they needed some fast action, "Are you talking about the Kyuubi?"

"Among other things." Tobi said casually, and within the eyeholes of the mask he could see the twin Sharingan eyes inside, "I'll be collecting everything in the end though, don't you worry." So Zetsu's intel about the location of Naruto and Yugito was correct? That was beautiful.

"What the hell are you going to do even if you catch us?" Naruto asked carefully, "I don't think you're with Pein." He accused suddenly, much to Yugito's surprise. Why would he call out the head honcho that had them surrounded? "Unless both of you are the boss... but I don't think a 'God' would work with anyone like that."

"Pein is just a petulant child that has forgotten just who gave him his grandiose ideas and those godly eyes to begin with." Tobi said with a bit of a bite to his tone, "He is too much of a loose cannon for me to control any longer, thus I cut him loose. He will of course fail in his endeavor to change the world, but he won't quit. And perhaps he'll do enough damage to make my plans go smoother."

What exactly was his endgame? Yugito still didn't understand. This person simply could not be Madara Uchiha, and if he wasn't with Pein who had already declared his intentions with the biju, what was this man's plan? "Just what exactly do you want?"

"Peace of course. Same as any great man." Tobi admitted openly, "A world where everything will be as it should. Where all of the tailed beasts are one once again, the way that they were intended to be before the Rikudou Sennin took it apart."

"No..." Naruto heard the Kyuubi rumble inside of his head, "This man is not Madara. His chakra is dark. His Sharingan is strong. But there is still no comparison." It would never forget the real man, and this one was not him.

Tobi continued though, "And much like the Rikudou Sennin, I will become the jinchuuriki for the reformed Juubi and use its immeasurable power to project my Sharingan onto the moon and cover the world in an eternal Tsukuyomi, so that every living being on the planet will be under my control. No war, no crime. A world of infinite truth."

That was his idea of peace? Peace without free will once again, only cranked up past eleven, "Man, you came straight out of a comic strip with that one didn't you?" Naruto said. And he could see how this man's whole peace spiel got to Pein if what he said about the man's ideas were true, "You just want to rule the world." He then chuckled a bit, "It's okay if you do... I just don't like the fact that everyone acts like they have to bullshit about it and church it up."

Domination was domination. Pein wanted to be a God, this Madara person wanted everyone enslaved under his genjutsu. Either way everyone would listen to them without question ideally, so the path taken was meaningless since the end result would be roughly the same.

Tobi narrowed his eyes at Naruto behind his mask and even a few of the White Zetsus backed away a little bit more, "Excuse me?"

"You want the world." Naruto repeated, "And that's okay. But I just hate the fact that everyone thinks they have to justify themselves with everything they do so that they don't look like a villain. Who cares? You could have just said, 'I want to be able to keep the world in a Sharingan to run it like a big puppet show.' Say what you want about Orochimaru, but at least he never made any excuses about himself. He did what he wanted to do because he thought that he could, and that was all the justification he needed to others. There's no such thing as a hero or a villain, so why waste your time trying to act like one or the other?"