Chapter 26

Y/N's POV:

I sat silently in a mixture of fear and intrigue as I listened to EJ intently.

Every word he said hit me like a brick and as much as I wanted to believe he was simply telling some messed up joke, I could tell by his tone that he was absolutely not joking one bit.

"EJ... that is absolutely insane, you know that right? I mean you really want me to believe you kill people for a living. Not even in a cool black market assassin way either, but in a serial killer, not human, actually kind of a demon, way? And you eat kidneys? I mean come on EJ, kidneys? How do those even taste good, they literally filter urine. I think the worst part of all this though is that I kind of believe you," I sighed, leaning my head back on the couch and staring at the ceiling.

"I know it's a lot to process. I might get in trouble with the boss for telling you any of this, but I can prove it to you, (y/n). I'm not human. I only look human right now because I've been using my powers to appear that way to you," he explained, staring at me and begging me to believe.

Finally, he decided to show me his true self.

My eyes widened as his skin slowly turned a deathly shade of grey and his eyes seemingly faded into their sockets before disappearing completely. Now, instead of eyes, he simply had two endless black holes, and from those holes, a black substance began to slowly leak out, trickling down his face. He took a finger and pulled at the side of his mouth, revealing the dagger-like teeth behind his lips.

He was a monster.

A real monster.

Yet... for some reason, I wasn't afraid of him.

Then, a thought dawned on me.

"Are you... are you the one who was on the news all that time ago? The one who killed that woman who was out jogging and... ate... her kidneys?" I questioned.

"Yes, that was me," he replied calmly.

Why was he telling me all of this?

"Why..." I trailed off, unable to finish my question, the answer screaming at me.

He was going to kill me.

It was the only logical answer for why he would share all of this with me.

He was going to kill me and then eat my kidneys and then probably kill the police chief and his cult too.

It all made sense.

He didn't need me anymore.

He was using me this whole time.

Tears threatened to escape my eyes, but I fought them back.

I couldn't believe I had let him fool me like that.

And what about the cuddling? The way he held me? Promised to protect me?

That was just all a lie, then?

He just did all that to trick me into thinking he really cared about me, didn't he?

God. How could I have been so stupid?

I gulped and attempted to regain my composure.

If I was going to die, then I wasn't going to go down without a fight.

I took a deep breath...

...and then I punched him in the groin as hard as I could.

"(Y/N) SHIT WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT FOR?? FUCKKKK! YOU BITCH! WHAT DID I DO?" he screamed, clutching himself and keeling over in pain.

I leapt up from the couch and sprinted across the room, sliding into the kitchen and grabbing the biggest knife I could find.

EJ continued to curse and curl up in pain as I re-entered the room.

"Fuck, (y/n), what the fuck? That fucking hurt!" He exclaimed, finally uncurling from his ball and turning to look at me.

"Ah shit. (y/n). Listen to me. Put the knife down. (Y/n). No. (Y/n). Put the knife down. We can talk this out. We can talk this out!" he pleaded, backing away from me on the couch.

"I'm not going to let you murder me. You can't have my kidneys. You're real fucked up for leading me on like that, EJ. Or is that even your real name?" I spat, becoming more and more angry with every word.

"What? Murder? Leading you on-? What? Oh. Oh. (Y/n), no. It's not like that. You've got it all wrong," he began, but I cut him off by stalking towards him and aiming for his throat with the knife.

"Shit," he cursed, grabbing my forearm and stopping my hand just short of his throat.

I struggled against him, trying to yank my arm away to break free, but his grip was strong.

I tried to move away from him completely, trying to back away, but he stood up from the couch and followed me.

No.

I was not going to go down like this.

I quickly swung my free hand towards his face, trying to get a punch in, but he dodged it and grabbed my wrist.

Before I could even process it, EJ had pushed me to the ground and pinned both my hands above my head by the wrists. He knelt over me and used his body weight to keep me pinned to the ground, putting enough force against me that I couldn't even move my legs.

I was trapped.

"(Y/n). Fuck. Calm down for a second, please," he begged.

I continued to struggle against him, trying to move any part of my body I could to get out from under him but to no avail.

"Fuck, you're really not giving me a choice here," he muttered.

And then his hand was wrapped around my throat.

I stilled instantly, the feeling of losing air instantly bringing me to my senses and calming me down.

I was frozen.

His grip on my throat loosened just enough so that I could take in tiny breaths of air.

Then he began to speak.

"Fuck, (y/n). Just listen, okay? I don't want to kill you for fucks sake. You've got everything wrong," he explained. "I told you all that so that you would know you had other options. You don't need to be a hero. You don't need to work for this corrupted system. You can serve justice though. You can make sure the scum of the earth gets whatever they deserve, okay? That's what I was trying to say. You can be like me. You can join me and the others who have chosen to live this way," he continued.

EJ paused for a second, closely studying my face.

He didn't want to kill me?

"Can I let you go now? Are you going to be good and let me finish?" he questioned, loosening his grip on my throat but not letting go yet.

I nodded my head, unable to form any words.

"Okay, good girl," he cooed, letting go of my throat and getting off of me.

He stood up slowly and held his hand out to me, waiting expectantly for me to take it.

I took hold of it gently and allowed him to pull me up.

"Okay, now just be good, and sit pretty for me while I get you a glass of water, and then we can talk about this, alright?" he stated, gently moving me down onto the couch.

All I could do was nod my head.

"Hm? Are you going to behave? Promise you're not going to try to stab me again or punch me in the dick?" he questioned, waving an accusing finger at me.

"I promise..." I managed to mutter out, in shock of the whole situation.

"That's my good girl."

HUH?

•••••
1289 words
Thoughts? Comments? It uh- it got a little steamy there didnt it? Oopsies :3 How are we feeling about this one?
Unedited