Chapter 15

(Y/N)'s POV:

After the police left, I swept up the broken glass and put a sheet over the window.

After that, I locked all the doors and fell into my bed.

I fell asleep almost immediately.

I woke up to a knocking at the door.

I groaned.

The knocking persisted, so I got up and went to answer the door.

In front of me stood three men, all middle-aged, all with brown hair, and all average height. In short, there wasn't anything interesting about them.

"Hello, are you (Y/N) (L/N)?" One of them asked.

"Yes," I replied.

"We're here in regards to the event that occurred last night. It's our understanding you need a cleanup, correct?" He asked.

"That's right, come inside and I'll show you," I responded, opening the door wider and guiding them inside.

They studied the bloodstained floor and quickly got to work.

While they were working, I felt my phone vibrate. I quickly pulled it out and glanced at the screen.

It was a text from EJ.

Surprise creeped onto my features, EJ being the last person I expected to hear from.

EJ: Have you found any information?

Straight to the point, I guess. I decided I wouldn't wait to respond.

Me: nothing yet :/ not sure when I can keep looking either.... someone broke into my house last night...

EJ is typing...

I silently applauded him for being fast to reply. I hated waiting.

EJ: are you being targeted???

I chuckled at his use of question marks.

Me: I don't think so. They said the guys been targeting females but I assume they have him locked up by now.

EJ: Hm. Are you okay?

Me: Yeah I'm fine. I managed to knock him out before he could do any harm hehe

EJ: Ok, that's good to hear.

Me: have you found any info?

EJ: not yet... I'll let you know if I find anything.

Me: ok I gotta finish up with the cleaning crew now, byeee

EJ: Bye.

I put my phone down and saw that the cleaning crew had finished cleaning. I thanked them and shut the door after they left.

I needed a shower.

EJ's POV:

I never anticipated that she could be in danger. Normally, I wouldn't care but I needed her intel if I was going to find the people who took my kills.

What if they targeted her?

I sighed.

She was probably safe during the day, but I wasn't so sure she'd be safe at night. She might have protected herself this time, but that was only against one man. Who knew if she'd be able to defend herself if multiple people went up against her.

With that, I made my way to Slender's office and knocked.

"Come in."

I walked in silently and made my way to his desk.