II

The next day I skated down to the nearest fast food place I could. I was a little hungover and needed something other than my ma's shitty attempt at cooking while smashed.

I sat at a table outside with my skateboard under my feet, swaying back and forth. As I sat there, watching the people go by, I saw a group that caught my eye. The one boy in it saw me too and smiled.

"Scar!" Ray laughed.

I stood up as he ran over, dropping his board by the group. His arms wrapped around my waist and he picked me up, holding me tight.

"Hey Ray!" I smiled, holding the back of his head.

"Fuckshit said he saw you last night...he was high as shit though..." He stepped back and held my arms.

"Yeah well I'm back!" I shrugged with a smile.

"Holy shit!" I saw another boy ran towards me, Ruben.

He stopped in front of me. The kid must have grew a foot in the last year. His head was now buzzed and he looked older.

"Fuck...what are you now thirty?" I teased, rubbing the top of his head.

He rolled his eyes and hit my hand off. I raised an eyebrow and laughed. Fuckshit followed behind them, along with another boy who seemed way too young to be hanging out with them.

"So where have you been?" Ray sat down.

I sat in front of him and the rest copied. Fuckshit being the last.

"My aunts..." I nodded.

"You alright? You know after..."

"Yeah I'm good..." I nodded again this tome with more reassurance, "So who's this?" I looked over at the new kid.

"This is Sunburn!" Ray smiled, "Sunburn, this is Scar!"

"No way..." He laughed.

I giggled at his reaction, "How'd you get your nickname kiddo?"

"We were talking about sunburns and uh..." He seemed embarrassed.

"Nigga didn't know what a black person was!" Ray smirked.

"That's alright! I didn't know I was
mexican-african until I was thirteen!" I shrugged, "I found out cause I got pulled over because of my skin tone! Nigga didn't figure out my age though!"

Ray and Fuckshit laughed at the old memory that had faded from all of our memories.

"So how did you get your nickname?" Sunburn tilted his head.

"I mean I think it's a little obvious!" I smiled.

"Not just because of your scars!" Ray exclaimed excitedly.

"Shut the fuck up!" I pointed my finger out to him.

"This bitch punched the fuck out this one boy! Two years later we saw him with the scars she had left him with!" He explained.

"Two years?!" Ruben said shocked.

"Nigga's still got them now...fat fuck shouldn't have touched Fuckshit..." I glanced over at the golden haired boy who was already looking at me.

His eyes quickly moved back down before he stood up onto his skateboard. I'll always remember when he did his first trick, we were nine and immediately ran to me and Ray after. I watched him do some tricks so effortlessly it was intoxicating.

"Don't worry about him...he's mad you didn't call but he'll get over it..." Ray said, placed his hand on mine.

"Sorry about that...it's just..." I tried to spit it out but couldn't.

"Scar...don't worry! I understand! It just takes Fuckshit a while to come around things like that...you know what he's like..." I missed Ray's kindness.

Ray was the kind of person to he really popular because was so nice. Whenever I needed him he'd be there as soon as he could. He was also one of the most talented people I know, especially in skateboarding.

"Woah what the fuck?!" I heard someone yell.

"Nigga the fuck you doing?!" Fuckshit argued back.

My head shot up and I saw Riley and Fuckshit stood toe to toe.

"Oh fuck me..." I groaned, slouching back.

"Get the fuck out my way!" Riley pushed him back.

He moved towards the table and looked at me, "What?" I said quickly.

"Come on..." He stretched his arm out.

"What?!" I laughed, "Demanding ain't gonna get you shit!"

"Keira I said come on! I need to talk to you!" He grabbed my arm violently.

"Don't fucking touch her!" Fuckshit threw his hands against the boy's chest, causing him to let me go.

"Get your dirty nigga hands off me!" Riley snapped back.

Mine and Ray's face changed as we looked at each other in disgust. Fuckshit on the other hand smirked and tilted his head, stepping towards him.

"Repeat that...I dare you!" He stepped again.

Riley threw his fist against Fuckshit's face, it didn't do much. I pulled the pocket knife out my jeans and jumped over the back of the chair. Ray quickly stood up and grabbed Fuckshit who was now punching Riley while he was on the ground. His fists were now bloody and didn't seen like he would stop.

Ray pulled his shirt and got him off. I went to Riley and pulled him to his feet, putting the point of the knife against the bottom of his chin. He knew I wasn't afraid to do it so he stepped back calmly.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?!" I yelled.

He said nothing and looked at me.

"Get your white ass out of here before I slit your throat..." I whispered.

He scoffed and walked away. I turned to Fuckshit who's nose had a small red drip coming from it. Nothing compared to his fists which were stained red.

"Fucking hell..." I breathed.

He walked past me hitting my shoulder.

"Fuckshit wait..." Ray sighed, walking after him.

"I'll do it...I need to talk to him anyways..." I nodded, stopping him.

He nodded slightly and I ran after the boy, calling his name. He waved me off as I turned the corner.

"Fuckshit just wait a second! I need to talk to you!" I yelled angrily, grabbing his shoulder, turning him around.

"No! You left us!" He swung around.

"Your hands..." I said softly, they were already bruising.

I looked at him and his face softened before he hid it.

"Get off me" He shrugged his shoulder so I moved my hand.

"Fuckshit...I know you're angry at me! I get why but you have to understand I had to leave...and I really didn't have a way to call to you while I was there or even before I left...and I'm sorry I didn't call you when I got back..."

"Why didn't you? I spent a year convinced you were dead!" A tear ran down his cheek.

"It felt like I was believe me..." I stepped back.

"And I don't believe you were at your aunts..." He sighed, turning around and stepping onto his skateboard.

"Fuckshit!" I called, knowing he would just ignore me, "Shit..."

I turned around and saw the boys stood behind me. They all stared at me as a tear ran down my cheek.

"Fuck him..." I wiped it away and pushed past them.