III

The boys invited me to the shop with them. I sat on the couch with a cigarette between my lips, watching Ray serve some costumers.

"So Scar...how long have you been friends with Ray?" Sunburn asked timidly, trying to start a conversation.

"Since we were little...we all met doing a school project..." I replied, blowing smoke out, "And then this kid showed up at some point!" I kicked Ruben and he laughed, "What bout you?  Why you hanging out with kids older than you?"

"Fuckshit and Ray are like my best friends...they're really nice..." Sunburn smiled.

As we talked, I learnt a lot about Sunburn. His real name is Stevie and he's thirteen. Way to fucking young. He's good kid though, a little shy.

"You guys wanna skate?" Fuckshit asked as he walked in the door.

We all looked at him, he was already looking at me but he quickly looked away. All the boys agreed and stood up, I didn't know if the invite was to me as well as them.

"Scar? You coming?" The boy asked.

A smile grew on my face as I stood up, picking up my board.

-

I missed the feeling of skating down the road. It used to be only thing I wanted to do after an argument at home or if something went wrong. Ray came up beside me with a smile.

"We missed you Scar" He laughed, cutting me off and turning the corner.

"Bitch!" I called as it caused me to stop.

I stepped back and we all went to the school. Everyone but me and Sunburn climbed over. I threw my board over and Ray caught it. When Sunburn did it, it hit the top of the fence.

I chuckled and picked it up, throwing it over. He smiled up at me before I climbed up.

Once we were all over we went to the usual spot. Out where all the tables and outside basketball court was. We all sat on and around a bench under a tree.

"I've missed this..." I laughed, lighting a cigarette.

"It's not as fun without you Scar! Seriously! Someone needs to keep that nigga in check!" Ray pointed at Fuckshit who rolled his eyes.

"Fuck you nigga!" Fuckshit laughed.

"Fuck you!" Ray said back.

I looked around the place as memories came flooding back. Things like my first fall, first trick. They were all learnt here.

"You guys wanna go to the roof?" I looked back the the group.

Fuckshit's face turned bright and we all stood up. Sunburn seemed confused. We all skated to the wall with the electric box so we could climb up.

"Sunburn? These lot ever done this with you yet?" I turned to the kid.

He shook his head.

"Aight...be careful ok?" I nodded.

He nodded back and gripped the top of the box. I felt a hand under my foot push me up. I gained my balance and looked down to see Fuckshit. My hand stretched out and he took it, I helped him up and smiled as we made eye contact. He still seemed a little upset with me but he was warming up.

"Help me up this bit!" I turned around and put my foot up against the wall.

Once again pushed the other one up and I managed to climb up.

"Boards!" I called.

One by one they passed their boards to Fuckshit who passed them up to me. I threw them beside me as the others climbed up with the help of Fuckshit. When everyone was up I stretched my hand out to him.

"That's one way to hold my hand" He smirked jokingly, taking it and putting his foot against the wall.

"Keep on and I'll let go!" I teased back, pulling him up.

"Mhm sure you will" He nodded, pushing me.

I pushed him back but before he could fall of I grabbed his hand and held his back. He let out a shaky breath as we both laughed.

"Knew you wouldn't let me fall!" He pushed me again.

I rolled my eyes and we went to where there was a gap between the roof.

"Ay Sunburn! This is Scar's signature..." I heard Ray whisper to the boy as I started to skate down the slant.

I popped the board up and as I was in the air, flipped the board. I landed easily and skated a little forward before stopping. Fourthgrade had caught it all on the camera he usually had. He smiled at me as I kicked the board up into my hands. Fuckshit then came down, he did the normal jump.

"You have to show off don't you!" He joked as he landed.

"It's my job!" I tilted my head and smiled brightly at him.

Ruben started to come down but just before he could jump he stopped. Fuckshit and Ray started yelling and teasing him.

"Chicken!" Fuckshit yelled.

I hit him in the shoulder and glared at him. Ruben went back to the top and Sunburn said something to him but all he replied with was,

"Shut up fucking faggot"

The boy looked down at the floor, before looking back up and jumping onto his skateboard.

"Sunburn! You're not going fast enough!" I yelled.

"You're not going fast enough!!" Ray called.

It was too late, he tried to pop his board but fell in between the gap.

"Shit!" I ran forward and saw Sunburn led on the table unconscious.

"Is he dead yo?" Ray exclaimed before running to the electric box.

We all climbed down and ran to Sunburn, calling his name. I sat on the bench beside him and shook him gently. His eyes opened slowly and he looked at me.

"Oh thank fuck..." I sighed, putting my head down.

"You alright?" Ray asked softly, "Oh shit..."

I looked over and saw blood dripping from his head.

"Take your shirt off!" Ray said quickly.

Sunburn obliged and I quickly took it off him, rolling it up. I put it around his head and made him hold it there.

"You're fucking insane..." I laughed, standing up, "You feeling ok?"

"Yeah..." He nodded.

"Don't fall asleep for a few hours..." I advised.

"You're really bleeding through that one...Ruben take your shirt off!" Ray hit him on the arm.

"Fuck no this is my favourite shirt!" Ruben barked.

"Nigga take the fucking shirt off!"

"Shut up!" I yelled, taking off mine.

I took Sunburn's blood soaked shirt and put it beside him. I placed mine onto the wound and tied it at the back.

"You're fucking nuts!" Fuckshit laughed, "Sunburn!"

The little boy laughed and seemed proud of himself.

"Sunburn!" Ray joined in.

-

Instead of skating we started to walk just to make sure Sunburn wouldn't injure himself further. It was getting dark and I was freezing.

"You're freezing..." Fuckshit said as he grazed past me.

"No shit I'm in my bra!" I rolled my eyes, folding my arms.

"Here..." He took off his hoodie and threw it at me.

"Thanks..." I said hesitantly.

I put it on and continued walking.