X

"Shit Scar..." Ray winced as he opened the door.

His eyes were locked on my lip and nose. I shrugged and stepped inside. Fuckshit was sat on the couch.

"Ma's gone out...so feel free to say whatever..." Ray said while closing the door.

"Mhm..." I nodded, not wanting to speak.

"What happened?" He followed me into the living room where I sat as far away from Fuckshit as possible.

"I don't even know..." I looked down and used the back of my hand to wipe the blood from my nose.

"Who did it?" He kneeled down beside me.

Fuckshit had seemed to have gotten invested. He sat up with his elbows on his knees, looking at the new wounds on my face.

"My father...I told you he hated me..." I sighed.

"Your dad did this?" Ray tilted his head and placed a hand on my knee.

"Nothing new...just a little worse this time..." I nodded.

"What for?"

"No idea..." I shrugged, "I was half asleep..."

Fuckshit didn't say anything, he just stood up and went to the kitchen. He came back with an ice pack wrapped in a cloth and silently passed it to me.

"Thanks..." I took it and placed it on my face.

He said nothing and sat back down. I stared at the floor, for once in my life my thoughts stopped. It felt like I wasn't even real.

I don't wanna be here anymore.

"Jesus..." I ran my fingers through my hair.

The house phone started to ring so Ray quickly glanced at me before going to answer it in the next room. I was left alone with Fuckshit. He didn't even look at me, he just stared down at the ground.

"What? You can't even fucking look at me now?" I snapped.

He looked up and locked eyes with me.

"Why are you getting snappy with me?"

I actually didn't know. I was just so angry and tired that I need to direct it all someone.

"Sorry...I just...I can't do this...I'll see you lot later or something..." I stood up and placed the pack on the coffee table.

"The fuck does that mean?" He asked as I walked off.

"Just don't worry!" I waved him off as I walked out the front door.

"Scar!" He called but I just ignored him.

-

I went back home, my father was arguing with Jacob in the dining room. It wasn't unusual so I went to the kitchen in time to see my father knock my brother to the ground.

My feet planted in the doorway, anger filled me. Why did I have to be stuck with such an evil, spiteful father?

He was about two inches away from my face before yelling.

"What you gonna stand there with that stupid face?! Or do you want it beaten out of you?!"

Out of instinct I swung my fist for his face. His head turned to the side, causing his neck to click and his lip to burst. He turned back to me and grabbed my collar, throwing me down onto the ground. I rolled a few times before hitting the wall and my head.

My head spun and I couldn't see straight. He then kneeled down, once again taking a hold of my shirt before punching whatever conciseness I had left out of me.