IX

Somehow I ended back in the trap house I had been staying at. My eyes opened and I was on the couch in the messy living room that probably had a million std's crawling around it.

I rolled onto my back and looked over to the side to see a drug deal going on in the next room.

"Fuck..." I groaned, pushing my body up.

"You look like you need this" Someone came in and grabbed my hand, placing a small pill onto it.

"Thanks..." As soon as they walked away I swallowed the pill.

I swung my feet off the couch and planted them on the floor. My elbows rested on my knees with my head in my hands.

All I had to do was get out of there quickly as usually to avoid getting into shit. The one thing is, I didn't have my board. I could skate away quickly with whatever money in my pockets I could grab. And I was hungover.

I stood up and saw there were about five other people, sleeping around on the floor, couch, tables. Anywhere they could.

I kneeled down beside one and carefully checked their pockets. I felt a note so I pulled it out. Hundred dollars.

"Thanks pendeja..." I whispered before getting out the door.

"Oi!" I heard someone yell.

"Shit..." I groaned, legging it down the garden.

It was still dark, I clearly hadn't slept for long. I couldn't keep living like this. I need to go home but that might be worse.

The pill had started to kick in and the colours around me started to distort. I stumbled my way up to the door and knocked on it before pushing down the door handle.

The door opened and I could see Jacob at the end of the hallway walking towards the door.

"And you finally return..." He laughed, rolling his eyes, "You look like shit..."

I looked down, scared that if I spoke it'd slur and he'd know I'm on pills.

"The fuck did that hospital do to you...? He chuckled.

I stared at him, my eyes locking with his.

"You're high as shit right now aren't you?" He laughed with an annoyed tone.

"Says the heroin addict..." I walked past him.

"Pull your shit together! You've fucking lost it perra! You come home and then every other night you disappear and when you come back your high!" He snapped.

"Yeah whatever...it's either this or the crack den...I'd rather neither but here we are..." I sighed.

"Dad's not gonna be happy your back..."

"Oh well" I went upstairs.

I went to my room and fell down onto my bed. All I wanted was for it to swallow me up and not let me come back.

-

"Get up mija!" My dad yelled angrily.

"Jesus christ..." My eyes opened.

"Where were you all night?!" He asked quickly.

"With my friends..." I groaned, sitting up.

"I don't like those friends of yours! I thought you were't going back to them..."

"And what?" I stood up.

I hated my father, he was pure evil when he wanted to be.

"You don't talk back to me!" He swung his palm for my face.

The force caused me to fall into my desk and hit my nose. It started to bleed along with the other side from my scar of my lip.

"I'm going out..." I stood up straight and walked out my room.

This time he had hit my harder than usual, I was hungover too so that didn't help. Jacob was sat in the living room with a can of beer.

"It's nine o'clock..." I commented, going to the phone.

"And?" He shrugged, not taking his eyes off the tv.

"Whatever..." I rolled my eyes and picked up the phone.

I dialled Ray's house number and put the phone to my ear before walking out the room and into one where people can't hear me.

"Hello?" Ray's mom answered.

"Hey...it's Keira. Is Ray home?" I asked, every word causing my lip to sting and bleed more.

"Yes darl! I'll get him now!" She said brightly.

Two minutes later I could hear rustling on the phone before hearing Ray's voice.

"Hey Scar! What's up?" He greeted.

"Hey..." I said softly, feeling the pain in my lip.

"You alright?" He seemed concerned.

"Can I come to yours? I don't wanna be home right now..." I breathed.

"Yeah of course but I gotta warn you...Olan's here..." I guess his mom was in the room that's why he used his real name.

"I don't care...I can't be here..." I took a breath in.

"Ok...Keira? Are you ok?"

"I'm good..."

"Ok...well I'll see you in a bit..."

"See you..."

I grabbed my skateboard from by the door and walked out the door quickly. I was in the same clothes as yesterday and my hair wasn't a mess but it wasn't tidy either.