XVI

Sunburn had taken most of the impact. I was stitched up and released the same day. Everyone was waiting in the waiting room for us. They saw me and Fuckshit immediately stood up.

"No stay away from me..." I said softly, shaking my head.

Ray stood up and hugged me tightly. My eyes squeezed shut to avoid me even seeing the crushed look on Fuckshit's face.

"Please Scar..." He said softly, "Please just let me talk..."

I opened my eyes and looked at him. A tear ran down his face as he just stared at me.

"Ok..." I nodded, stepping back.

I followed him outside the hospital doors.

"I'm so sorry Scar...I really am!" He apologised.

"You were drunk and guilt tripped us into getting in the car with you...now Sunburn is still injured and god knows how bad!" I exclaimed.

"I know and I'm so sorry!" He held my face, "I would never even think about hurting you..I'm gonna stop drinking I promise..."

"Really? You stop drinking?"

"Yes! I love you so much...and if I'm even at a risk of hurting you or the other I want it to make sure I won't!"

"I love you too..." I said softly.

He placed his lips on mine and hold me tight. I placed my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around him.

"Lets go back inside it's cold!" I laughed, stepping back.

We walked in and sat on the chairs. Soon enough one by one we all fell asleep. I had Fuckshit's arm around me and my head was placed against him. Ray was on my shoulder.

I was woken up by a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey...Scar? Ray? Is it?" It was his mom kneeled in front of us.

"Hey..." I sat up, careful not to wake Fuckshit up.

She looked around at the whole group, "Are you waiting here for him?"

"Yeah..." Ray nodded.

"He doesn't talk much but he talks about you guys...you two in particular...he said you really helped him..."

"He's an amazing kid...and I mean that..."

"Do you wanna see him?" She smiled.

-

Sunburn was covered in stitches and bruises. He smiled at the sight of me and the others.

"How you feeling lil nigga?" I smiled softly, sitting on the chair beside him.

"Eh..." He shrugged.

"You take the most shit than anyone I've ever seen..." Ray sighed, kneeling beside me, Sunburn smiled slightly, "You know you don't have to right?"

Sunburn nodded slightly. Fourthgrade stood up and looked at us all.

"I have something to show you all..." He said slowly.

"Go ahead..." Ray smiled.

He went to the tv and put a video tape in. We all sat up a little and watched the title, 'Mid90s' in yellow writing come on screen.

We were then greeted with clips of us from a young age, starting at around thirteen. You could see how effected they were when I left and how much better it got for them when Sunburn joined or when I came back. There were clips of us skating, hanging out, partying, there were memories that were so important to me and I just forgot them.

"Shit how old were you guys?!" Sunburn laughed.

"Thirteen..." I looked at Ray and Fuckshit.

You could see me skating and falling, Ray and Fuckshit being gay together. Fuckshit and me getting closer, Fourthgrade was always filming so sadly you couldn't see him much but you could tell by the height. Ruben grew older with us, got great at skating.

'A Fourthgrade production'

"Fourthgrade..." I smiled, looking at the boy.

"That's what I've been working on..." He shrugged.

"For four years?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah..." He nodded.

We all looked at each other with huge smiles. If it wasn't for these guys I wouldn't have the motivation to get out the hospital, or even out of bed. They kept me going for all these years and I love them more than anything.