•𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞•

Ch. 1, „Seconds chances".

Warnings: violence.

Word count; 1.2k, exactly 1223 thousand words.

With a grunt Ghost landed in front of the flaming building. She had gotten the files now. Surely she won't be punished? Walking away an orange light opened before her and three people came out. The first one, perhaps leader, had some sort of robes and a cape, same goes with the others. But what is so special with him is this necklace.
     "We come in peace" he raised his hands up.
     "The eye of Agamotto, what pleasure do I owe you sorcerer?" she mockingly asked, her energy vaguely swindling between her fingers.
    "Stand down and no one will get hurt" he warned.
    "What can a muggle do, my boy?" Dumbledore questioned.
    "Not now!" Stephen hissed back.
Taking the opportunity, Ghost lunged forward, attacking him.
    "Minerva watch out!" Albus yelled just in time before she was almost torn apart.
     "Get out of here!" Strange shouted. The headmaster quickly helped his friend to her feet, running into the forest as he turns around. To his shock he sees the two having a full out battle.
The sorcerer made an orange shield to hold against her dark magic attacks. The black mist flowing around her.
"Don't do this Lantana!" he told trying to convince her. She glared at him, breaking his already unsteady defence. The two professors stand there in shock. That was Victoria Potter. If Albus only have known she wasn't a squib.
"Remember me! Stephen! The time I met you! Remember Lantana!" he begged on his knees.
"Who the hell is Lantana?!" she shouted, blowing a source at him - her voice with a slight russian accent.
     "Remember me Lan" he pleaded on his knees as she prepared to end him.
     "You're.. you're Dr Strange, the surgeon.." she whispered, letting go of her shadow.
     "We need you to come with us".
Ghost slowly faded away, replaced with an exhausted and worried Lantana. The headmaster steps out behind the trees with his friend close behind him.
"Did.. did I hurt someone?" she asked Stephen.
"Fortunately, no" he replied.
Lantanas vision started becoming more blurry by the second and before darkness consumed her she had seen the face of her dear friend.
"She will recover soon enough, no fatal injuries".

     "She should wake up soon" a man's voice rang inside her head.
"How could she be the Victoria Potter we know?" another voice asked.
"Oh come on, you barely knew her" the first man argued. Who was this 'Victoria' they talked about?
     Lantana was exhausted. She was there. She was awake! But it felt like every single muscle in her body were limp. She couldn't move. Like she was trapped inside her own mind, just like Hydra.
     "Professor Dumbledore, may I speak to you for a moment?" a woman butted in on the men's conversation.
"Of course Minerva. Well - Mr Strange-" the second man known as Dumbledore told 'Mr Strange'.
     "-Dr, actually." Strange corrected.
"Dr Strange then. I have to bid goodbye for now due to some students decide to cause havoc." Dumbledores shoes echoed away into the distance, a heavy door seeming to close behind him and 'Minerva'.
"Oh Lantana..." sighed Strange thumping down on a chair beside her resting bed.

She had been trapped inside herself for days now - maybe even months!
It all changed.

Slowly Lantanas pistachio green eyes (it's called that), almost grey gradually lifted. Her locks heavy yet strong and determined. She took a few seconds and looked around. Her surroundings looked... medieval.
     The ceiling was high - probably two floors and tall wide windows on the sides. A big rusted wooden door stood slightly peaked open at the end of the small hall. Around eight beds lay perfectly fitted and unoccupied - but hers - a small sage green curtain to give privacy in-between. Other than that the room was empty.
Slowly, she pulled herself up, her head in her hands.
The big door suddenly creaked and she flew up from bed, her hands in a tight guard and her stance stable.
"Lantana.!" a man with red cloak almost beamed ( in a hesitant way ).
"Dr - Dr Strange.., what are you doing here..?" she questioned him. Doctor Stephen Strange - the famous surgeon. He had grown a beard. Weird.
"Please sit down - I mean no harm" he held his hands high, slowly walking towards her. "Who am I talking to?" he questioned.
"Lantana Alionova Romanova" she replied sternly.
     "Good." he simply reply pulling out a chair to sit on, his legs crossed. "What do you remember?"
     "I... I don't- I remember. Bits and pieces,- the..the avengers... H-hydra... the red room... S.H.I.E.L.D... -Peter..." she said, almost like a whisper, running her hand through her brown curls.
"Okay., put that in the past. This is a new start,.. almost" Stephen told her. "You'll be staying here at Hogwarts with you're twin." he told her making her frown in confusion.
"Twin?"
"You will be under protocol and if someone asks where you have been-", an orange circle opened as he grabbed something inside, "all information needed is in here" he handed her the files.
"You'll probably not be recognised but known as Victoria potter- though we'll go with you're real name- you're a transfer student from Ilvermony- America- here" he explained.
"Basically going undercover, except I'm not doing this for anyone but..., myself?" Lantana asked, to be honest she had probably never done anything for herself- except if it was an order of course. "Wait here one minute" Stephen told her rushing out of the infirmary.

A few seconds later a familiar man with white beard and hair barges in calmly striding towards her as a woman follows closely behind.
"Ah, Victoria nice to meet you" he welcomed her. She only glance over at Strange who shrugs.
"Lantana, actually" she corrected.
     "Follow along" he motioned her to follow him. They stepped out of the infirmary and made their way through large halls until they stopped outside an office door reading; Albus Dumbledore (headmaster).
     As Dumbledore took his seat in the chair behind his desk, Lantana stood silently observing all her surroundings. She had noticed he had loads of books stacked on the dusty old shelves and all sorts of gifts laying there as decoration. He had a small glass box with lemon drops candy on his desk to the side of his papers and letters.
     "Miss Potter, please, take seat" he told. She rolled her eyes inside her mind as she sat, this man really couldn't even remember her name?Her back was a straight line from the sides and her head high. Every girl in The Red room had to stand like this for hours and learn it.

               No mistakes allowed.

                                 Not even a flaw.

     "It's Romanova" she huffed.
"Right, of course. Miss Romanova, you have the choice to either accept to begin at Hogwarts this term, or go back to where you were." he told her.
     "What do you mean?..." she questioned after a few seconds.
     "I meant that you- Miss
Po-Romanova- will have you're education here, as we recently found out, you are a witch" he told her. Lantana thought about it for a moment, surely they couldn't find her here right?
     "How secure is the school" she finally asked.
     "Very Miss" he replied.

                              "Then I'll do it."

✰ 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝟑𝐫𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 ✰ 𝓉ℯ𝒶𝓈ℯ𝓇:-ᵐᶜᵘ ˣ ʰᵖOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara