Funeral

Author's Note: Sorry for the late update!

Asteria Targaryen

Cliffs of Driftmark Castle, Driftmark Island: 126 AC

The sea breeze played with the strands of her hair not in the thick braid her white-gold locks had been pulled into the for the funeral. Asteria gripped Baela's hand with her left hand, her kepa holding her right hand and his other hand holding Rhaena's.

Like her family, she wore all black. She had chosen a long sleeve black gown made from warm cloth with a black ribbon woven into her braid. Baela and Rhaena wore matching black gowns and her father wore an all black doublet, pants, and boots.

The rest of the family was in mourning for Laena as well, who had been loved by both the Targaryens and the Velaryons. Asteria glared at Vaemond when he started ranting about the purity of blood, getting him to shut up.

No one was using her mother's (For Laena was her mother, never Rhea Royce) funeral to try and further their own place in the line of succession.

Vhagar roared in grief and the rest of the dragons began roaring as well. Her father stepped forward and cut the rope, casting the bones of Laena Velaryon down into the sea. Rhaena burst into tears and fled into the castle, with Daeron running after her.

Baela clung to Rhaenys as everyone began to disperse. The rider of Selarion felt horrible for the Queen Who Never Was, who had outlived her own daughter. Daemon approached Laenor and Rhaenyra—Where those three a couple? Asteria privately wondered.

Alicent approached her and Asteria stiffened. "I'm sorry for your loss." the queen said.

"No you're not." the Targaryen Princess said shortly and walked away. She made her way through the crowd of people to the railing and peered down to the crashing, churning waves.

"Goodbye, mother." Asteria said in High Valyrian.

And she let Laena Verlaryon go.

It's short, but I hope it was good!