Schemes and Plots

Italiacs are High Valyrian.

Asteria Targaryen

The Dragonpit, King's Landing: 130 AC

Asteria was instantly concerned when she saw her father standing in the pit, waiting for her. She quickly dismounted Selarion and approached him.

"Your uncle is dying." Daemon informed her in High Valyrian. "He has at least a week, maybe less. At least, that's why the foreign physicians say."

"The Greens will try something." she said, quickly planning. She took his offered hand and got into the carriage. That was yet another red flag. If her father had brought a carriage instead of a horse, then he truly wanted privacy.

Asteria cast her most powerful privacy wards. "We're clear." she said in High Valyrian.

"Mysaria says the Greens are going to try and get Viserys to change his will one last time. We've kept them away so far, but we need an excuse to get Aegon, Daeron, and Aemond out of the Red Keep." the uncle-husband of Rhaenyra Targaryen said.

An idea struck her. "I have an idea." the amethyst eyed princess said, her mind spinning and weaving it into formation. "The Greens will not see it coming."

"Good." Daemon said before leaning over and hugging her. "You are my pride and joy, Asteria. I love you so much. You are the only good thing I got from Rhea."

Asteria hugged her father back just as fierce.

She had never known James Potter, had never meet him. It had been hard for her to love the Potter patriarch, despite her fierce respect to the man for giving his life for Lily Potter.

Loving her kepa, on the other hand, was so easy. Daemon was proud, fierce, fiery, and cruel, yet he was kind, gentle, full of life and love and made it clear, every day, he loved her dearly.

Her mind went back to the very first day she had meet him.

A man with pale, silvery hair peered down at her, pale lilac eyes studying her. She knew instantly this was her father, the Rogue Prince the servants around her had talked about in hush whispers. 

He gave her a large smile and picked her up, and she smiled back instantly. Ophelia Potter, now Asteria Targaryen, knew she would love him to the day she died.

And from the way he looked at her, as if she was perfect and irreplaceable, loved her too.  

Asteria adored him, body and soul.

And she would be damned if she lost her father, or her new family, again.

And we got a bit of a filler chapter. I'm a bit under the weather, which is why the chapter is short.

My finals are next week, wish me luck!