What Goes Bump in the Night

Otto Hightower

The Red Keep, King's Landing: 300 AC

The most infamous death in the Red Keep was that of Maegor the Cruel. The tyrant had been found dead on the Iron Throne, and no one knew how he died.

That story had always made Otto wary of what went on in the Red Keep during the night. He was careful of what he ate or drank during the night, and usually went to bed to avoid getting poisoned.

Tonight, however, was different.

Otto Hightower settled comfortably into his chair as he tried to think of a way to outmaneuver the Blacks. Aegon was the rightful King, and he refused to let a women of all things sit on the Iron Throne.

Women were weak, hysterical, and poor rulers. Men where the rightful rulers of everything, and Aegon, who had Andal blood temper his Targaryen weakness, would make a good King.

He took a sip of his wine, and he knew instantly something was wrong the moment it made it down his throat.

Otto instantly tried to cough it up, only for something that felt like claws to sink into his mind. He found himself to be forced to keep drinking his wine.

"For someone who prides himself a master manipulator, you forget rule one of the game." a musical voice said, and he saw the figure of Asteria Targaryen in the shadows. She stepped out, flipping back her hood to show her darkly amused face. "Don't drink or eat anything at the climax."

"What have you done?" Otto snarled.

"Oh? I just slipped a rather wonderful poison into your wine. It will make it look like you had a heart attack. And then vanish without leaving any trace." the young woman said.

A sudden surge of pain erupted in his chest and he cried out. The last thing the Hightower knight saw was a pair of cold, contemplative amethyst eyes.

"This is for Aemma and Baelon." the Targaryen princess said before vanishing.

I lost. Otto thought in disbelief before the darkness took him.

And Otto's dead!

*cue the fireworks*

Ruby Queenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें