The Wedding of Ice and Fire

Asteria Targaryen

Winterfell, the North: 131 AC

It had been a year since Viserys died, and the realm had changed in ways both little and large. 

Rhaenyra was now ruled as the unquestioned, uncontested Queen Regnant of Westeros. Jacaerys and Helaena had been married shortly after Rhaenyra's coronation, and Helaena had recently given birth to a daughter named Daenora. A little girl with dark skin like her father Jacaerys, platinum white hair, and indigo eyes.

Aegon had been wed to Elena Martell, and the couple had been blessed with twin children two months ago, a girl named Yvonne who was the elder and thus the heir of Dorne, and a boy named Helion, who if things would go correctly, be married to Daenora when he came of age.

Yvonne had taken after Elena with dark hair, olive skin, and dark eyes, while Helion had the same dark hair as his mother and sister, but fairer skin and purple eyes of his Targaryen heritage.

Per tradition, Aegon had taken the Martell surname after his marriage. Asteria knew her cousin was fine with this despite the outrage the more conservative nobles had expressed.

"This family is large, Ria." Aegon had told her the night his engagement was announced. "Jacaerys and Helaena will have plenty of children, and at least my children will have a home here in Sunspear, and my eldest will have a throne to inherit. Luke and Baela have Driftmark with Aemond and Celia who have married—good idea by the way, and Rhaena and Daeron have Oldtown. Despite what some idiotic lords might think, I'm happy to give up the Targaryen name."

The laws of succession for House Targaryen had been changed to absolute primogeniture, so that the eldest child no matter the gender, would be the heir to the Iron Throne.

The Hightowers had been firmly dealt with for their treason, and Oldtown had been given to Daeron and Rhaena to rule, giving a seat for the new cadet branch of House Targaryen, House Targaryen of Oldtown.

Her little sister and cousin were betrothed, but would net yet marry until Rhaena turned seventeen.

Alicent had been executed for treason, and none of her children had mourned her death.

The Targaryen princess took a breath as she looked in the mirror, gazing at her reflection. It was her wedding day now, and her father and mother (for Rhaenyra was her mother, whom she loved dearly) had insisted on giving her the best there was for a wedding dress.

The dress was made of pure, true white silk, and in the fashion (and practicality) of the North, didn't show much skin. It was long sleeved, and bared the tops of her breasts and collarbones. Several flowers made from silver lace had been stitched onto her sleeves and around her waist, a dragon had been sewn, where it breathed flames of silver onto her skirt. She wore a maiden cloak made from sturdy yet comfortable black leather, a massive three headed red dragon embroidered onto the dead center.

The dress wasn't like the traditional ballgowns with a large skirt, instead elegantly slender and form fitting, showing off her willowy body and curves.

While most southern ladies wore heels on their wedding day, the amethyst eyed princess wore knee high white boots with grey laces, both for warmth and practicality.

She had already put on her regalia. A circlet of silver studded with small, square shaped amethyst sat on her brow, paired with a silver and amethyst ring and a necklace of Valyrian steel that looked like a dragon, with the dragon's head having amethysts for eyes.

In all, she looked like one of the legendary snow nymphs of the folklore of the North, a being made from pure starlight come to wed her human love.

"You look beautiful." her father said and she turned around, smiling. "Thank you, kepa." she murmured.

"I hoped this day would never happen." Daemon jested but he was smiling. "If Cregan hurts you, call me, and I'll deal with him."

Asteria laughed nervously but took his offered arm. "I'll be okay, kepa. You can still visit."

Daemon nodded. "I know, but I've had you at my side for so long it's strange to see you leave. But I know your happy, and I'm very happy about that. So live and love Asteria."

She smiled and they walked out to the godswood. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw Cregan, dressed in a specially made dark grey doublet, pants that showed off his leg muscles, and a thick fur coat. Her smile widened and her happiness grew.

The Ruby Queen let go of her father's arm, and approached Cregan with a large smile.

For she was safe and loved and happy, happy in the new family she had found, with her new love whom she cared for and love fiercely.

I'm happy, mama. she thought, remembering Lily Potter's wish. I'm loved and safe and happy now. 

I got my fairy tale ending.

I can't believe this is all over!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Thank you, my dear readers, for all the encouragement, votes, and comments over this story. Thank you so much, and happy New Years!

This is probably going to be my last Wattpad story for a while, but I have an ao3 account, Lady_Rhaena, if you want to check out my stories on ao3.

Mischief Managed,

QueenofWinter36.