Talks on the Beach

Italiacs will be High Valyrian

Asteria Targaryen

High Tide, Driftmark: 126 AC

"You're marrying Rhaenyra?" Asteria asked her father as they walked down the beaches of Driftmark. It had been a month since the death of Laena, and a week since the death of Laenor.

The Heir of High Tide had been found dead in his private art rooms, viciously murdered and only recognized by his doublet. Rhaenys and Rhaenyra had been distraught, and while the family mourned Laenor, the Blacks worried for Rhaenyra's standing.

With Laenor dead, it meant that Rhaenyra was open to marriage. And that put Jace, Luke, and Jocelyn in danger of a mysterious death.

Privately, Asteria suspected that it was both the Greens (Alicent Hightower and her faction) and Vaemond Velaryon working together. Vaemond knew the castle of High Tide well, and could direct any assassins.

Viserys had been willing to marry Rhaenyra and Daemon, but to hear her father certify the rumors...

"Yes." Daemon confirmed. "I want your advice on it."

"It's a good match. You would be the iron fist to Rhaenyra's velvet glove, and you would likely be the only potential husband to not try and get the crown from Rhaenyra. You genuinely love and care for her. Your support for her would be genuine." Asteria said.

"And?" Daemon asked, looking at her with a raise eyebrow. Asteria huffed with a small smile, wrapping her red shawl tighter around her. She was wearing a loose, long sleeve white dress with sandals.

"She's kind. She would be a good mother to Rhae, Baela, and Alyssa."

"And you?"

"She would understand my magic." Asteria said simply. "She is a believer. Not like Alicent."

"Speaking of Alicent, Viserys finally confined her to a tower and forbade her from ever interacting with Aegon, Helaena, Aemond, and Daeron." Daemon said with a vicious grin.

Asteria hummed. Her kepa despised any parent who hurt and hit their children, and Alicent was not a good parent.

"Good." she said simply. "My cousins have plenty of strong maternal figures in their family."

The Targaryens, not the Hightowers.

And Asteria was going to rip out the Hightowers—flower, stem, and root.

That is today's chapter. I hope you enjoyed it!