Chapter 3

Yes, I decided to post the next one today after all.
Monday will be the next one and then my schedule will be, as in the chapter before, every Monday until all my chapters that are required are uploaded.
Then there will probably be an irregular update.

-------

You had absolutely no idea why your cats looked at you with suspicion. They didn't take their eyes off you during the whole meal. You felt threatened and anxious and started to breathe more heavily again. You felt like you were being watched, just like a long time ago. But not with the way they looked at you back then. These were much more pleasant, but not good either. Your cats seemed to like your reaction and saw you tense up.

But 'Aether' was the first to relax, jumping onto your lap and rubbing against you again. You heard him meow, looking at you, before he looked to the other cats and meowed there too. You didn't know why, but you felt like she was having a conversation. But whatever Aether said seemed to calm the cats down and they became more relaxed. Even the indigo,- and the dark green haired one. You relaxed a bit too, but Aether still sensed your slight attitude of defensiveness. But when the cats stopped looking at you and ate their food, some skeptically, others more quickly, you too had dropped your defensiveness and continued eating.

You wanted to explain yourself to them, for whatever reason, but you let it go for now. You sigh softly and flinch at the same time as your cell phone vibrates on the table. The cats also looked up immediately and stared at your cell phone suspiciously. You pick up your cell phone and frown slightly. Then you answered it.

"Yes?" you answer calmly and hear a male voice on the phone. It was your doctor reminding you to come in for your check-up, otherwise he would come in person. You obviously roll your eyes.
"I'll be there tomorrow morning, doctor. But I'll disappear again after the examination. As you know, I've had some super cute and fluffy visitors..." you look at your cats, some of whom are staring at you with narrowed or amused eyes.

"All right. See you tomorrow," you hang up and put your cell phone back on the table. You sigh again and grab your head where your bandage is. Your headache, which you had suppressed, has returned. Painkillers didn't really help. They rarely if ever work. Your cats, on the other hand, looked at you again and lowered their heads. You were hurt because of the cats.
"Meow!" Aether said, looking at you. You laugh.
"It's okay, I'll keep eating," you said with a laugh and continued eating. Aether grunted and gave you a sulky look before continuing to eat. The others too...

---

After dinner, you took a shower and sat down on the couch and turned on your TV and Playstation. Your cats were lying on the couch with you, with Aether on your lap. You picked up your controller and looked at your cats with a big smile.

"So my cats, why I called you that is this game right here!" with that you start Genshin Impact and your cats stared at the screen, rather some cats eyes widened when they saw the start screen.
It didn't take long for the start music to play and for you to start the game. Since you have a PS5, the loading screen is ultra-fast, which is why the familiar geo icon fills up immediately. Your world opened and Neuvillette, your main character, stood in front of the Abyss. The white and blue cat stands up and you giggle.

"You know - the game is called Genshin Impact. Aether and Lumine are the protagonists. At the start of the game, you can choose one of them. If you choose Aether as your player, you search for Lumine. If you choose Lumine, Aether is the one we are looking for. However, I hardly ever play my character," you look apologetic.
"When Aether or Lumine are equipped with the right artifacts, they're really broken and kill enemies quickly, but since it quickly gets boring to play with the same character - even if they've mastered all the elements - you can use other characters to play with. Aether or Lumine don't even have to be present. In my case, my current team consists of Ei, my hydro-daddy Neuvillette, Kazuha and my geo-daddy Zhongli," you start talking and don't see how the cats all look at you in bewilderment and the so-called 'daddies' gasp. But you carry on talking.