Chapter 4

Two weeks have passed since then. You've been allowed to go back to work while your cats have more than just settled in. They already felt too comfortable.You smile as you look at the sleepy cats looking at you.

"I have to go to work today. Food is ready. I'll be back this afternoon," you smile and walk out of the room with your fresh clothes in hand. Still half asleep yourself, you open the bathroom door and are a little startled to see Kaeya sitting on the toilet. He looked at you, startled, and you looked at him.

"O-oh. Sorry!" you stutter embarrassedly and immediately close the door again and turn around.

You clear your throat and quickly change in the living room before you hear Kaeya open the door and then jump off the handle. You were impressed. The cats could open a door with ease. Kaeya looked at you and then jumped onto your arms and rubbed against you, purring. You laughed lightly and stroked his head. You kissed his head and he purred even more, straightening his body and leaning on your shoulder, licking your cheek once. You giggled and rubbed your head against his, which he liked very much. Shortly after, you were also jumped on by an orange furred childe who did the same as Kaeya.

"Oh, Childe are you jealous?" this one just purred and leaned against you too, wagging his fluffy tail. He was the only one with a fluffy tail. He also looked more like a fox than a cat. Again, you had to laugh at the resemblance.

"But I have to get ready. I'm sorry. I'll cuddle with you later," you promised them both and let them down. They both grumbled and jumped onto the couch, watching you go into the bathroom and close the door...

---

...You're driving to work and have a queasy feeling about leaving your cats alone for the first time. You go through everything again in your head.

Food? Check.
Water? Check.
Toys? Check.

Everyone was taken care of and shouldn't be bored. You sigh and park in your parking space and get out of the car. Immediately you notice your discomfort even more, but this time not related to your cats. You felt somehow alone and cramped, even though you had so much space. Your heart pounded even more when you saw a few of your colleagues standing around the smoking area, chatting. Breathing heavier, you quickly walk past them. They greeted you and you gave them a casual greeting. Relieved, you exhale.

Upstairs in the office, you started your computer. You were glad to have your own little realm here, where you could have your peace and quiet. Nevertheless, you became more restless as the office filled up with your colleagues.

"Y/n? How are you?" your boss asked, approaching you. You smile and pretend to have a headache.
"Another headache and I'm getting that cramped feeling again...", the last one wasn't even a lie.
"Do you want to work from home first? If you have HO, you'll probably feel better too." You nod gratefully.

"I'll do HO from tomorrow. I'll stay in the office today," you say and your boss smiles gratefully.
"If there's anything, just shout. I'm sitting in my little office." You nodded and started working on the letters that had been left behind. The work here was really getting to you. Thank goodness you don't have to use the phone today at least...

---

...Your working day was over and you had to work longer than usual. You had a lot of catching up to do, which is why you worked an extra two hours. You look at your watch, which shows 6 pm. You had forgotten about your cats because you were so engrossed in your work. But when you got into your car, you remembered and drove home faster than usual. It didn't take long for you to arrive. You didn't have far to drive from work. A 15-minute drive. But you only needed eight minutes.

You quickly parked, got out and opened your front door, quickly climbed the stairs and unlocked your front door. It was nice and warm in your apartment and you heard the meowing of the others. Kaeya, Aether and Childe immediately jumped into your arms and you catch them laughing. You snuggle up to the three of them and yawn once. You were incredibly tired. You put your things down on the dining bench, took off your jacket after putting your cats down briefly and then flopped forward on your couch. You groan into the seat and turn your head to the side."Ahh... work was so stressful today. Because I was ill, so much has been left undone..." you moan and crack your neck once. Suddenly you felt someone jump on your back. It was Childe, who kept jumping on your back and moving his paws up and down. You let out a sigh of relief. It was like a little massage.

"You know how to make a woman happy, Childe..." you sigh and hear him meow happily. Shortly afterwards, you felt a second cat on your back. It was Kaeya. Now they both hopped onto your back. You close your eyes, relaxed, and were about to fall asleep, especially when Aether snuggled up to you too. But you put up a good fight and stayed awake."Okay, okay, stop it or I really will fall asleep!" you laugh and the cats stopped, you straighten up, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes and yawning again.

"I'm going to change..." you mumble and go into your bedroom to change.Then you go out, feed the cats their favorite food again and make yourself something to eat.
"Tomorrow I have to go shopping..." you mumble while eating at the dining table. The cats looked at you.

"Ah, tomorrow I'm working from home. I don't feel so comfortable in the office," you said quietly at the end, not noticing how some cats grumbled when they heard what you said.
"Let's have a cuddle! I need my cuddly fur kneul now!" You spread out your arms and all but six cats jumped into your arms and cuddled up to you.

The six cats were Zhongli, Neuvillette, Wriothesley, Baizhu, Diluc and Al Haitham. But they jumped onto the couch and were close to you. You snuggled up tiredly to your other cats and then smiled at the six who were staring at you. Zhongli came up to you after a while and nudged your leg. You stroke his head with your hand and lean backwards. The cats snuggled up to you. The other five also slowly approached you and settled down at your side or on your lap. You grin ear to ear before your gaze slid thoughtfully to the window.

>>How long...?<<, you thought, looking at your hand and seeing the deep scar on your wrist, which was mostly covered by your sweater. Unconsciously, you stroke it and pull your sleeve up a little. Several scars were visible. Your cats seemed to notice and also looked at it, their eyes widening when they saw the many scars. Immediately the cats' heads moved towards you and you noticed it, smiled nervously, pulled your sleeves back down and put them all down.

"So, time to play something!" You get up, turn on your TV and Playstation and start Honkai Star Rail this time. Again, your cats watched with interest, although some were still looking at you.
"Honkai is also a game by Hoyoverse, who also created Genshin Impact. You'll see that in a moment. My favorites there are my Himiko, Dan Heng, he's a dragon and he's incredibly handsome! I mean, dragon! I love dragons!" you grin and arrive at the start screen while Zhongli and Neuvillette look at you.
Your starting character was Dan Heng, followed by Jing Yuan, Luocha and Silver Wolf," then you explained to them what it was, what abilities and so on. Your cats listened attentively. They became especially attentive when you mentioned the gods and that your favorite was Nanook. You had done your daily missions, the simulator and a few more missions before you switched to Genschin, where your cats became even more attentive. You finally wanted to do the Wriothesley legendary mission, which you had been avoiding because it was going to be so incredibly long.

But before that, you did the Abyss again and cursed.

"Ah! Those disgusting Fatui bitches! Those mirror maidens or whatever those filthy bastards are called! Whoever recruited them should be punished! Damn Fatui!" you growled, cursing and beating up the sluts with the electric flies and the new ones who had joined them. Scaramouche looked at you with pride, while Childe looked at you in astonishment when he heard you swear like that. The others were also amazed that you could get so abusive. Wriothesley stopped at punishment.

"Well. Let's start with my cryo-daddy's assignment!" you heard Wriothesley cough and he turned his face away in embarrassment. You stroke your cat over Wriothesley's head and back and he unconsciously purred, snuggled up to you and immediately realized what he was doing. He opened his eyes and bit his tongue and then closed his eyes, panting. You don't realize this because you were just about to accept the mission to enter the underwater prison...

~X~

...You got ready for bed because you played longer than you wanted to. But you had completed more than half of the quest and you were glad you did. With your cats in tow, you went to sleep. Everyone snuggled up to you while you fell fast asleep...

She woke up in a dark room and looked around. Her heart immediately pounded as she looked at her familiar surroundings. She immediately tried to find a way out, but a stare pulled her back. Looking to the side, she saw how she was bound hand and foot and had no movement.

She screamed, cried and tried to squirm, but nothing happened, not a sound escaped her lips. Suddenly a door opened and men entered, their faces plunged into complete darkness. She couldn't recognize anything, but she felt this sense of fear.

She shook her head, tears wet her face and only a whispered no escaped her lips. Again and again. Again and again, until it became a plea and her face became wet with more tears.
"
No..." she whispered, narrowing her eyes.
"NO!"

Drenched in sweat, you wake up, breathing heavily and clutching at your chest as you immediately look around. Darkness. Everything is dark. You feel a gentle and quiet nudging on your arms and legs, like a soothing purr. Your eyes widen, you start to whimper and suddenly feel sick. You open your eyes, jump out of bed, out into the hallway, to the bathroom, to the toilet. Shortly afterwards, you throw up. You almost puke your guts out as your whole body shakes, you shake all over, scratching your body to get rid of the tight feeling. To no avail. You feel yourself start to hyperventilate. Your heart raced faster, your chest tightened, your lungs ached. Once again, you felt like throwing up before your stomach began to settle. Cold sweat ran down your back as you leaned against the wall. You tried to regulate your breathing to calm yourself down, but nothing happened.

"No... help..." you whisper, convulsing, pulling your legs towards you and resting your head on your arms. You heard a soft meow and slowly look up. All your cats were looking at you worriedly. You look desperate and Scaramouche's eyes snapped open and suddenly he jumped on top of you. Xiao is not long in coming either. Both of them immediately cuddled up to you while you started crying. You grab your head as you had no idea why you started crying now
"Mian~!" you heard it meow in unison and noticed how all the other cats leaned against you too. You tremble, biting your lips until they started to bleed. Childe was the first to notice and looked at you before sitting up and gently licking your bloody lips. Startled, you jerked your head back and banged against the tiles.

"Gha!", you made as you hit the exact spot on the back of your head that had been bashed with a stone a few weeks ago. Stars immediately danced in front of your eyes and Childe was dragged off you while Scaramouche looked at you, scrutinizing you. You hold the back of your head.
"Sorry Childe... I didn't mean to scare you..." you whisper, exhaling shakily as you straightened up and picked Childe up in your arms. You hug him.

"But out now. I want to take a shower..." you whisper, kicking out your cats, who meow discontentedly. You laugh softly and wipe away your tears.

"Now get out before I get you an appointment for neutering!" you threaten your cats and they flinch.

"Wait... I gave you all male names and I don't even know if you're all males?" you mumble and quickly reach for a cat. It was Zhongli. You lift him up and look under his belly, but then his paws dart forward and immediately cover your eyes as he turns his head away, embarrassed. You pout.

"Hey, I have to see if you have anything hanging down there!", you grumble and pull your head back a little, but Zhongli reaches his paws down and covers his private parts.
"Oh dear, how petty a cat can be..." you roll your eyes and look at your other cats.
"And you? Are you that petty too?" you ask with a grumble and let Zhongli down, who immediately disappeared from the bathroom. The others quickly followed him.

"All right... you're all male..." you sigh and then laugh softly...