Chapter 6

The next morning, you wake up with a stiff neck and a trembling body. Sleepily, you lift your head and see that you are still squatting on the floor and your body is leaning on the bed. In your underwear. But your cats have been kind enough to lie all over you so that you don't freeze completely. You hear the soft purring of your cats and you smile slightly, but notice how your eyes were swollen from crying. But then you open your eyes and almost jump up. The cats fall off you and don't look at you enthusiastically.

"Shit! What time is it? I have to work?!" you exclaim, looking for your cell phone and not finding it. You tried to run out of the room, but your legs gave way and you immediately landed on the carpet.

"Gha!" you do and sit on your butt, looking down at your legs that were as heavy as lead. Mentally, you make a mental note never to fall asleep in a squat again. Dien cats immediately sprinted to you and looked at you worriedly, especially Baizhu, circling you and looking at your body with eagle eyes. You felt a little uncomfortable and pulled your legs up. Now your cats could see your scars more clearly. They looked sad.

"Haha, everything's fine." You laugh and stroke Baizhu on the head and give the other cats a friendly look. Then you get up and walk out of the room, into your living room and see the cell phone lying on the table. You immediately look at it and frown. Saturday. It said Saturday. Annoyed, you plop down on the couch.

"I'm off work. Weekend...!" you sigh and throw your phone on the couch and close your eyes again. Your cats join you and look away again when they see you like this. You look down at yourself, examine the scars on your body and unconsciously run your fingers over the deep scar on your shoulder. Sadly, you lower your eyes and get up, go to your bedroom and change your clothes. Shortly afterwards, you go out again, prepare food for your cats and make yourself a sandwich with egg salad. You sit down thoughtfully at the dining table and reflect on your past. Now that you've talked about it and reminisced, you just feel dirty and exhausted, but for some reason also liberated. But then you cough for a moment and notice your scratchy throat.

Did you have a cold? Well, you couldn't rule it out. After all, you fell asleep in your underwear and wet hair. On the floor. You shake your head and eat in peace before going to the bathroom and washing up. Brush your teeth and apply lotion. Then you go back to your living room.

"So my beauties, I'm going to go shopping quickly, especially as I'm running out of ingredients for your meal... you also need to see the vet again. The Dr. said for a check-up. And for a vaccination injection." The cats widened their eyes and backed away from you.

"Don't look like that! She's only open for you today. You need the vaccination. But first we'll go shopping before we go there. So? Who wants to come along?" you grin broadly and see how the cats look at you skeptically.

Again, you could only realize that they weren't normal cats. They seemed almost too human in their behavior. They also resembled the characters from the game in their behavior. You didn't even want to start talking about the different colors. However, Zhongli, Neuviellette and Wriothesley jumped onto your shoulders or arms.

"So you three? Okay!" you nod and slip into your shoes and then put on your jacket after both cats jumped off your shoulders and you set the cat down on your arm. Shortly afterwards, they jump on you again. You reach for your bag and car keys...

---

...You were looked at strangely, enviously or in amazement by everyone when they saw that you were dragging your colorful cats around with you, who were also so well-behaved. They only looked around curiously now and then. Zhongli, who had been in your arms until recently, was now between you and your jacket so that his paws and head were sticking out. Neuviellette and Wriothesley continued to sit on your shoulder, sometimes nuzzling against you when they realized you were uncomfortable and tense. This calmed you down and you put a few things in your shopping basket. Then you went to the Asian section, where there were all the ingredients for your cats, although you're still unsure whether human food is that good for them. But you shrug your shoulders and put those things in too.