Chapter 8

Unfortunately, the new chapter is late. Also unfortunately shorter than the others.My PC crashed and all my data was gone. At least I still had the file on a USB stick, but not the full chapter. So I had to rewrite most of it.I also don't know whether the next update will come next Saturday, as it will probably be irregular from now on.Thanks anyway to everyone who wrote me comments and favoured the story <3

_______

You ignore the worried looks of your companions, who never took their eyes off you. Xiao and Wanderer in particular were always close to you, while Zhongli stared at your back.You, on the other hand, felt both comfortable and uncomfortable. Partly because you knew they would protect you, and partly because of their unpleasant, careful glances.

"We're here," you reply calmly, breathing in and out deeply. The boys also looked up and saw this old building, which had already seen its best days. You entered the building together. You were immediately spotted by the person you didn't want to see.

"Y/N MY BEAUTY!" he exclaimed loudly and came running to you with open arms. You close your eyes and tense your body, clenching your hands into a fist, just waiting for the hug. But when nothing happened after a few seconds, all you heard was:
"Who are you? Let go of me!" you growl. You open your eyes and see Zhongli and Neuvillette grabbing him roughly by the arm and staring at him angrily.

"You can let go of him. It's all right..." you sigh softly and the two of them look at you, scrutinising and worried, before they let go of him and he hugs you. You bite down hard on your molars and try to suppress the feeling of hitting him.

"Ahhh my pretty y/n!" he murmured, rubbing his face against your cheek. You knew he was doing it to provoke you and make you suffer. He was, after all, a former member of a yakuza.
"Dazai... please, that's enough," you said calmly and the brown-haired man grinned and smiled innocently at you. His eyes turned to the newcomers.

"Hee? So these are fictional characters from the game called Genshin Impact?" he began immediately, scrutinising the characters. Surprised, you look at him."You know them?" Dazai laughed and looked at you with a grin.

"Who wouldn't know them? Be that as it may. Are they the reason you came to see me voluntarily?" He didn't look at the boys and only looked you in the eye. You sigh."Yes. We'll have to use the back section," you reply and his grin widens. He took a chain with a key out of his shirt, took it off and held it out to you. You were about to grab it with thanks, but he held it up and smiled at you. You give him a grim look."Dazai, I'm in a really bad mood today. Give me the fucking key!" you hiss, seeing his wide grin.

"Y/n, Y/n, Y/n..." he repeated your name with a sigh, glaring at you again as you felt the Genshin characters, at least some of them, wanting to kill Dazai.
"You know - give and take. What are you offering me for handing over my precious key? There are state secrets hidden back there?" he continued to grin.

"I'll wipe that fucking grin off your face in a minute! Dazai, I don't have much time left and I want to take the boys back to their world!" you growled and the brown-haired man laughed softly.
"That's not enough for me. But how about if your body is mine when you die? I'd like to examine it and maybe do some experiments." Scaramouche, Xiao and Childe immediately stood in front of you, while Childe grabbed Dazai and pushed him to the ground, while Xiao took the key away from him. Everyone looked at him with a menacing look.

"Guys...! You promised me something!" you sigh and see the three of them flinch. You take the key from Xiao and walk past him. But you stop and don't turn round.
"Dazai... when I die, you can do whatever you want with my body, but you'll never ask for anything from me again if I come to see you." With that, you leave and the boys look after you anxiously before following you and letting go of Dazai.

"Y/n, do you really want this...?" Aether whispered cautiously, looking at you the same way.
"When I'm dead, I'm dead. It doesn't matter what happens to my body. I won't know anything about it anyway," you replied calmly and walked through several sections of bookshelves, going down a flight of stairs until you arrived at a large oak door. The door was solid and decorated with fine carvings. You open it and go inside, followed by the characters, who were stunned. It was a gigantic library that you wouldn't expect. The library was almost as big as the Sumeru Academy.

"It's underground, so you can't see it from the outside. There are almost all the books here that you can't find in normal bookshops. Especially antiquities. Some books, or rather writings, are over 10,000 years old," you explain, looking around in awe. You loved it here, even if you could do without the person outside. Nevertheless, you felt at home here.