Chapter 9

Note: I know some will disagree that Reader is heavily influenced by her past. However, that is the aspect of this story and is front and center with the cats. Reader was abused and severely traumatized as a child. Accordingly, this is all built into her everyday life. Added to this is her illness. So I ask for your understanding. And if you don't like it, there are plenty of other wonderful stories here.

And sorry that the chapter is taking so long. I didn't have time.
I wish you all a happy new year. :)

---

Xiao never left your side and Wanderer, whom you had baptized Kuni, was always close to you. So was Baizhu, who constantly healed you while the others continued to search for information. Xiao held you tightly in his arms and looked at Baizhu to see that he was doing everything right, but he realized how he was right now and how protective he had become of you. He had even felt the need to break his contract with Morax just so he could stay by your side and protect you forever. He didn't even know why, but he had such a deep affection for you that he had for no one else - not even Morax. Moreover, his karma had no effect on you; on the contrary, his pain lessened when he was near you. He looked at you, his golden eyes thoughtful as he did so, while Kuni looked at Xiao in disgust.

''You look like a puppy in love! The way you look at her.", he immediately commented and Xiao glared at him with a growl, his eyes narrowed as he pressed you closer to him, which Kuni didn't like and he grabbed your hand and held it. Both boys glared angrily at each other while Baizhu rolled his eyes slightly.

"You're both acting like puppies in love..." he sighed and then muttered, "Calm down. Y/n won't get any better if you keep fighting." They both stopped immediately and let go, but continued to touch you.

"How is she?" you heard the worried voice of Aether, who also joined the four of them. Kuni and Xiao immediately calmed down even more when the blond boy was there.

"Better. She's not sweating as much and she's not losing blood. However, her body is still very exhausted," Baizhu explained and Aether nodded understandably, crouching down to you and gently stroking your forehead with his hand to brush aside the tangled strands of hair. But his hand wasn't exactly gently swatted away by Kuni and Xiao, who, surprisingly, gave him a slight growl. Aether blinked before starting to grin slightly.

>>Oho? This is going to be interesting~<<, he thought humming and leaving the four with a wide grin. Both men looked after him and realized what they were doing. Xiao blushed and turned his face away, while Kuni also turned his face away in embarrassment. Baizhu, on the other hand, was inwardly amused. This was going to be really interesting...

~X~

A few hours had passed and you finally open your eyes and realize that you were leaning rather softly and comfortably against something. Carefully you turn your head, ignoring your throbbing pain as you see the other men all sitting near you, reading or looking at you.

"You're awake! Finally!" said Baizhu with relief, coming towards you. You blink at him and then widen your eyes as you remember back to the situation you were in.

"Ah... ah..." you clear your throat and immediately three people, Kuni, Xiao and Aether held out a glass of water to you. You smile gently and take the glass from Xiao, which the others accept sulkily, while Kuni looks away in a huff. Relieved, you drink the clear, cool liquid and immediately feel better. But then you noticed a slight rise and fall of a breast behind you and looked over with your glass to see Zhongli looking at you gently. It took you three seconds to realize that you were sitting between Zhongli's legs and leaning against his chest. You were immediately startled and spat out the water in your mouth in shock, right in Zhongli's face, who winced and closed his eyes.