Chapter Two: Episode 6

Welcome to my first wattpad serial! Though the story "Pregnant Without a Cause" has been rewritten and revised several times, I am hoping to get input/ideas from new readers. Any comments/suggestions/questions are welcome. Though the characters deal with some pretty serious issues of love and family, truth and "reality," the tone of the story is humorous, with many jokes and wacky characters and situations.

This story has adult themes and situations, but it is purely G-rated with no explicit sex or violence, though there's plenty of catty comments, gossip, and exaggerated drama. And a healthy dose of silliness.

In this episode, Callie has her brilliant idea to save the day for everyone!

Copyright © 2023 Wilshire Lewis/Palavr Publ. No part of this story may be reproduced or utilized without prior written consent of the author.

The characters and events in this story are fictitious. Any similarity to real persons, places businesses or events is coincidental.

Wilshire Lewis 

Episode 6

(1400 words, read time 6 minutes)

Sitting there holding her perfect and perfectly adorable sudden brother, Callie could not understand why her mother wanted to hide him or deny him. True, she had hidden her pregnancy from everyone except Callie and Gumms, but Callie had assumed that once the baby arrived, that would change. Now she realized that her mother's plan all alonghad been to give him up for adoption and pretend like he had never happened. But why would she do that in this modern era, when single parents practically ruled the world, when parentless babies bounced all over the landscape.

And then it hit her.

"Oh, god." Callie's stomach twisted into a knot. "You didn't." 

"Didn't what?" Her mother stared at her with a panicky grimace.

 "Daddy!"

Michelle laughed, a somewhat hollow and evasive laugh, it seemed to Callie. "Good God, no!"

"Why else would you hide it?" To Callie this was an open and shut case. "You saw him last Thanksgiving."

Her mother pushed a toe into Callie's thigh, obviously annoyed. She wouldn't be annoyed if it was not true. How could she have had sex with him after everything that had happened? "How could you?"

"I couldn't and didn't," she huffed. "You can change the subject."

"Then give me another name," said Callie. She raced through a list in her mind. Maybe someone from Package Express and that's why they fired her? Or that slick character from the TV show? But that would mean her mom was a—no, it had to be Edouard.