Chapter Eleven, Episode 36

[493 words]

Callie sat in the kitchen. She hadn't snorgcast anything since the party. Out of fear, embarrassment, doubt, or whatever. What-ev-er.

THE BOOMERUMOR a blog on the cute life.

**Weblogs and Social Networking from Blogomatic Universe ®**

My friends are awesome!!!

Callie wants to thank every one who attended the shower. She promises to post the gifts ASAP. Your generosity on behalf of Baby Boomer (let's forget about "Gerald") and I as his mother is deeply appreciated and will never beforgotten.

FionaCl 7:17 pm: I know one part I would like to forget.

Boomerumor Blog 7:20 pm: Not me!!! I mean it. all my friends are amazing. ! x 8.

Misss Krissstal 7:29 pm: Who gave Zam steroid? He's all, I'm the man we all know the truth.

Boomerumor Blog 7:37 pm: I thought maybe it just seemed that way to me. Was it so obvious to anyone else?

FionaCl 7:39 pm: obvious beyond obviousness.

BunnyLove 7:41 pm: If I'm going to be filmed again, I want it to be by red tee shirt guy.

Misss Krissstal 8:01 pm: hez a cutie.

Fiona Cl 8:10 pm: Z is all, ohhh, I'll release the secret documents,

Boomerumor blog 8:12 pm: About whom are we speaking?

Misss Krissstal 8:20 pm: gdmit you put up with a lot. on the sympathy scale, you rate President's Widow.

Callie signed off. Thank God for being able to communicate without being seen, because she was barely holding it together. She stared at the dark glass of the patio door, trying to force away the tremble in her spine. If Zam followed through on his implicit—except it had been pretty explicit—threat to blow the whistle on her, or if her mother followed through on her decision to tell the truth, Callie did not think she could ever go back to school. Because she was obviously the most ...simple?... shallow?...'orrid! person ever! Just an Oik from Pia Oik.

In the living room, her mom had the TV on too loud. The kitchen around Callie smelled strongly of overripe bananas and 409 cleaner. The refrigerator whirred behind her. She had wanted this drama, all of it, knowing that sooner or later, someone wouldn't believe her.

But how could she expect other people to believe in her, if she didn't believe in herself? She stared at the face and form in the dark glass, slumped over and hopeless. No, that wouldn't do. She stiffened her back and squared her shoulders. Booms was her child today, and she was going to make him proud of her, and what she had done for the family. And make no mistake, she had saved him, and the family. They were united over Booms and under God, and they would face what they had to face, together. High school might be rough, but that was only two more years, really. Then the family, the three of them, could move somewhere nice and be a normal divorced family, and Callie could be an exceptional big sister.