𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

As I walked towards the door to greet Jonathan, he walked in and let out a tired sigh as he pushed back the strands of hair from his forehead, I knew that Jonathan was exhausted like always from another long day from work.

His work was no easy job, I guess that's what I always admired about Jonathan he was persistent and a damn good worker and boss. But besides all those things he was attractive. he never fails to make my heart race and my cheeks flush, his physique, his scent, the way he spoke and dressed all those things made me want to melt into him.

Work always had to get in between of us, but I like to think that he's doing this for us. I loved him regardless though, Every six-feet and three-inches of this man and he was mine.

"Hey hon, how was work?" I asked knowing exactly how he was going to answer back.

Jonathan shrugged before setting his briefcase down on the hard wooden floor. "business as usual." Jonathan said as he shrugged his blazer off and hanged it on the rack. I cleared my throat as I Followed Jonathan into the closet.

"Meetings, is that what was holding you back from coming home today?" Jonathan gave me a nod before he turned to me "you know it. This enterprise is really kicking off."

"I know and that means more hours away from home." I said my voice carrying and undertone of disappointment without really meaning to. But I couldn't help it I hated when Jonathan was gone especially for really long hours, I'd usually meet up with friends and talk to family through phone in order to distract myself.

I would visit family but most of them live all the way in Rhode Island while we lived in Seattle I'm a long way from home and and I have to admit there are times where I miss it desperately, living in a quiet village, where the air was fresh. Just felt so free compared to the busy city.

I quickly snapped back to reality as Jonathan began to undo his tie, really he was just undressing to get into something more comfortable but It was a sight worth seeing.

As he undressed I knelt down and gathered his clothes. "Are you hungry dear, I made roast beef today. Your favorite." This got his attention he cocked up an eyebrow and glanced back at me with some amusement. "Roast beef?" He asked.

"Yes." I exclaimed as he slipped on a shirt. "You know...I learned that recipe from your mother. I wasn't going to serve it to you until I knew it was perfect." A small smile appeared at the corners of his lips. "Linda you really don't have to go to far extents to satisfy me I'm sure I'd enjoy it regardless."

"Oh, but I do." I said as I took a few steps closer to Jonathan and wrapped my arms around his strong  body. "For all the hard work you put in for us, I think it's important that I meet all those criteria's."

Jonathan's eyes locked onto mine as his thumb grazed over my chin, before I could get in another word he pulled me in for a tender kiss. Warmth spread through my body as his lips met mine lasting a good few seconds before it broke.

"I love you." I whisper against his lips. "I love you too." He whispers back his voice low. "Now about dinner..." He said leaning in and pressing another kiss against my neck, sending chills down my spine.

"Mhm...what about dinner?" I prompted with a playful smile, I knew he was probably starving but I liked to poke fun at him from time to time.

"I'm starving, and I need to critique you on that roast beef." He said roughly a sly smirk playing around his lips, he then pulled away from my embrace, I felt my cheeks flush slightly.

"You won't be disappointed." I said as I brushed my fingers over my cheek feeling the warmth against my fingers tips. Even after two years of marriage he never failed to make my heart swell.