𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

I'm sitting at a fancy restaurant called "El Masmoelle" with a few friends of mine, I looked around it was a cozy atmosphere and we had a beautiful view of the city. As I was admiring the view of the city lights I was quickly snapped back to the present, hearing my friend Claire as she called my name.

"Linda." Claire snapped her fingers to get my attention my eyes then shot up towards her as if I was just snapped out of a trance.

"Finally you're back on earth." Claire joked hearing the strong British accent in her voice, she then spread some butter on a piece of bread. I shifted on my chair "Oh, I'm sorry. I just got distracted by the view." I apologized as I brushed my hand over my wrist, Claire then chuckled and so did Jenna.

"Well thats no surprise... you always seem to have something on your mind." Jenna replied as she poured more wine into my glass. "Drink up, girl." She said with a grin, I couldn't help but chuckle watching as Jenna poured until the glass was full I already knew for a fact I wasn't going to drive that much.

"since when was getting wasted part of the plan here?" Claire asked Jenna. "Um...since we got here." Jenna replied with some sass. "Oh really? and who's going to drive?" Claire asked Jenna again. She then shrugged. "Whoever's the least drunk." Claire scoffed. "Hm. Isn't that smart." Claire replied sarcastically.

I watched as Jenna and Claire went back and fourth their sarcasm and contrarian truly made this friendship special, I then sighed and sipped some of my wine while snacking on some warm bread with herbed butter.

"So Linda...?" Jenna asked with a sly grin forming at the corners of her lips. "How's that fine man of yours doing?" She probed, I then set my glass down on the table and cleared my throat. "Jonathan, he's good. He's been working, keeping busy." I replied getting the napkin that sat beside my plate and setting on my lap.

Jenna then rose and eyebrow amusingly. "Hmm...just keeping busy huh? And what about the sex?" Jenna asked boldly, I almost spat out my wine hearing the last word.

Claire's eyes widened glancing back at Jenna nudging her softly. "Jenna, why would you ask such a question?" Claire asked her with some disbelief. "Come on, we've all been friends since college. There's no shame in talking about our sex lives. Especially Linda here."

Jenna said her eyes darting back at me. "I can't help but wonder Linda how you do like it...? rough and tough or slow and gentle?"

My index finger swirled around the rims of the wine glass, as Jenna asked this question, pausing for a moment before answering. It was a very personal question but I didn't mind answering.

Jenna had a point we've been friends for a long time there shouldn't be shame around topics like this. "Hmm...both, but Jonathan prefers the passion in our sex and so do I." I answered my cheeks flushing slightly.

Claire shook her head and rubbed her forehead but I could see that she was clearly flustered with the conversation we were having at the table, while Jenna talked about her sex like I listened before I begin to talk she looked invested resting her elbows on the table and leaning closer, a sign that she wanted to hear more of Jonathan and me.

Before I was going to speak the waiter walked up too us ready to take our order I sat straight as I looked down at the menu hoping that no one heard what was being said at this table besides us three.

"Are you lady's ready to order?" The waiter asked politely. Claire nodded, she was the first one to order and then Jenna, she stuttered over her words as she pointed at the menu it was clear that Jenna was already tipsy from all the wine.

Claire just sighted and rolled her eyes at the sight of Jenna fumbling over her words. "Here let me help." I offered Jenna, as she pointed at the menu I eventually decided to get the same dish she was getting, the waiter then nodded as I told him what we wanted, writing it down and taking the menus.