𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Jonathan

My eyes shot open when I heard the sounds of sirens whilst hearing a slight banging at the front door, I shot up immediately and suddenly I felt a throbbing pain in the back of my head shooting down to my spine.

"What the hell?" I murmured to myself, as I reached down to touch my crotch lightly I immediately flinched from the discomforting pain shooting through my groin. I couldn't comprehend what had happened to me, but whatever it was left my body and mind in shambles.

My whole body hurt, it felt as if I've been hit with a bus.

I groaned as I attempted to role out of bed, but it just seemed to make the pain ten times wore. "Linda." I called out in a hissing pain. "Linda!" I called out this time louder, I rubbed my head no matter how loud I yelled, there was no answer.

Although it didn't concern me that much at the moment, since Linda's been distant for the past two weeks.

My thoughts were then interrupted when I heard another bang at the door. "Open up, we have a warrant for your arrest!" An officer yelled. "If you don't open this door, you'll give us no choice but to kick this door down and force you out!"

It if as if my heart was going to come out of my mouth and suddenly the pain was no more, why the fuck would the police be coming after me? Why did I feel like this? Why couldn't I remember anything? But most importantly where was Linda?

I had a thousand unanswered questions, that needed to be answered ASAP.

With a hiss I forced myself out of bed, as I gained my balance I  stumbled out the door and towards the hallway, I could hear everything clearer the shouting, the sirens, the banging at the door. It was as if the damn apocalypse was going down out there.

Suddenly, I stopped in my tracks feeling as if I stepped into something wet, as I looked down I noticed that I stepped in blood. looking at the floor I also noticed a trail that led towards door. My thoughts then drifted towards Linda and I panicked.

My breathing grew heavy, thinking of all kinds of scenarios that Linda could've potentially been attacked in our own house, and I had probably been knocked out cold, maybe that's why I couldn't remember anything.

Without a second thought I raced towards the door, my hands trembled as I reached for the doorknob I stumbled with it, until finally getting the door open.

As I opened the door I was met with blinding lights of blue and red and a several police men standing at my doorway, as if my night couldn't get anymore worse. I wasn't able to get out a syllable before I was tackled onto the ground in my own home.

"Hands behind your back!" The policeman demanded, forcing me onto my stomach, as he cuffed my wrists. "You're under arrest for domestic abuse and sexual assault."

"Hey! What the hell do you think you're doing?! You have the wrong person, My wife, she's gone!" I shout at the policeman, as I tried to break free but it was hopeless they were too strong, and with these handcuffs wrapped around my wrists I couldn't even fight back.

The police responded with the snarl, I was then forced onto my feet. "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." Another cop recited.

"You don't understand, my wife-" I was then quickly cut off by the officer that had handcuffed me.

"Don't play the worried husband, we all know what you did. You beat the shit out of your wife and if that wasn't enough you had to finish it off by raping her."

My eyes widened, as sweat dripped down my face. "You got it all wrong, you're all in my fucking house, and I've never even laid a hand on Linda!" I protested harshly; I could feel my anger flaring up, as I turned my head towards the cops, but judging by their expression they clearly weren't buying it.