24

Word Count: 1774

~Onyx

I sit up in the bed, gazing down at Sienna.

When I woke, her auburn hair was splayed out across her face, her limbs strewn about over her head. I spent a couple minutes gently brushing her hair away to reveal her peaceful, sleep addled face.

Since then, I've just been admiring her soft features, listening to the calm, steady breaths that brush past her full lips.

I've never felt so peaceful.

The curtains gently flutter in the breeze. I don't remember leaving the window open last night, although I suppose I was too wrapped up in Sienna to care.

Birds distantly chirp, the warm wind rustling through the trees outside. I let my eyes flutter closed.

Memories of last night stain my mind.

No part of me was close to taking Sienna last night, although I still feel the physical and mental strain of having to resist nonetheless.

It wouldn't have been right to have my way with her like that. I want her willing...I shouldn't want her at all.

She stirs next to me, stretching out.

"Good morning," I murmur.

Her eyes blink open. She rubs them before focusing on me.

"Good? Nothing feels good about this." Her voice is thick and croaky as she rubs her temples.

I brush my fingertips over her forehead. "How's your head?"

"Sore. So is my hand for some reason." She holds it out in front of her, flexing her fingers. Her knuckles are flushed purple. "What happened last night?"

I exhale slowly through my nose. As I suspected, she bears no memory of what happened.

"How much do you remember?"

"I remember dancing with Alex, and not much after that." She looks tempted to sit up, but succumbs to the gentle brush of my fingers along her forehead and through her hair.

"Maren drugged you. I think she wanted you to sleep with Lord Ableman to fuck with me," I relay. "When he came onto you, you punched him pretty hard. That's why your hand is like that."

Her eyes widen and she examines her hand with renewed interest.

"Oh wow. Im glad I did that."

I bow my head slightly, relief forcing a breath out of me. At least she doesn't seem scarred from the experience. I don't think she realises how close she was to being seriously harmed.

"He definitely deserved it. By the time we return home, everyone, including his wife, will know what he did."

If he thought a simple threat was enough to sate me, he's a fool.

"You're evil." She doesn't sound unhappy about it.

"Only to those who harm you," I murmur, twisting a piece of here silken hair around my index finger.

"What else happened? Did I do anything stupid?"

"I took you up to bed and you fell asleep immediately," I respond tightly.

Telling her the truth of lasts nights interaction will only embarrass her. Plus, I don't need to complicate things. I said a lot in the heat of the moment, and although none of it's a lie, I don't need to muddle her feelings with my own.

She lifts the sheets before dropping them again, mortification staining her cheeks red.

"I'm half naked."