40

Word Count: 3532

~Sienna

I toss and turn before I stuff a pillow over my face.

I've been trying to fall asleep for hours now. The heat is partly to blame. Even with my bedroom window open, my skin is clammy and sticky. The air is painfully stagnant, and there is no relief to be found.

The real problem is the buzzing heat between my legs. The desperate ache low in my stomach, begging for release.

Being naked, so close to Onyx has gotten to me more than I expected.

He still wants me as badly as I want him. I bet if I went to his room right now I could get him to fuck me...

I twist over so I'm lying on my back, cursing under my breath.

What am I thinking? He said he didn't want to complicate things by doing anything sexual with me again. I shouldn't push it.

And yet I want to. So badly.

I'm painfully turned on after what he said to me at the lake. So much so it almost hurts, and although I'm capable of dealing to the issue myself, I...I don't want to.

What Onyx did to me that night has ruined me. I haven't been able to replicate the feeling. My fingers can't reach where his did, and don't appear to be nearly as talented as his.

Fuck it.

Standing up, I stalk into the bathroom. I brush my teeth, my hair, and mist some perfume onto my skin before I plant my hands on the edge of the basin.

"You're playing a dangerous game," I deadpan in the mirror, staring myself down.

Naturally, nothing but self-destructive thoughts come to mind. I'm going to attempt to seduce my best friend, and nothing is going to stop me.

After carefully curating a set of undergarments to wear beneath my nightgown, I pull on a light robe before heading off to his room.

Anticipation and excitement war for dominance in my stomach. It's making me feel or flustered and jittery.

I only see a single maid on my travels. She gives me a long look as I pass by, heading into Onyx's private wing of the house.

She knows exactly what my intentions are.

If anything this is normal behaviour. I'm his mistress, after all...

When I reach his door I stand, staring at it for a painful amount of time. There's every chance Onyx's resolve is stronger than mine, and he sends me back to my room embarrassed and ashamed.

Or he wants me as badly as I want him.

I knock a few times, in a familiar pattern to signal to him it's me. When I crack the door open, I see him sitting on his bed, reading.

I smile as he glances up at me. He looks so sweet sitting amongst his pillows, his book propped open, his hair all messy as he pushes off sleep.

Too bad I'm about to ravish him sinfully.

"Am I interrupting your reading time?" I ask softly, leaning against the door after I close it behind me.

"Of course not." He slots a bookmark into the crease of the book then closes it, sliding it onto his bedside table so he can give me his full attention.

"Haven't you read that book a million times already?" I ask, peeking at the title as I stalk closer.

"I think this is my eighth go at it."