A Promise. And A Favor.

Sandy POV
Bibi led us up the stairs to a dingy attic. It was completely covered with cobwebs. Fang clapped his hands thrice, allowing the lightbulb to illuminate. It cast shadows on every dusty object in the room. But one stood out. A huge chest of...bubblegum?

Bibi opened it, her eyes tearing as she passed us the note. My eyes danced across the yellow paper, my eyes glossing over with tears as I read the next words.

Dear Bibi, you are just a day old, and you don't know about the big conspiracies of the world yet. I know my end may be coming soon, so I need to write this letter for you. If you're reading this, both your mother and father must be gone. I asked your dad to take the best care of you, but Bull can never get away from his military duties. So I hope and pray this will never be found, but just in case, I have left this special bat for you. It will protect you from the dangers of our world. Hopefully one day you will get out of this hellhole. I am also leaving this magical bubblegum. In case you are too young to go on the street, this bubblegum will give you all the nutrients that you need to keep surviving. My dear Bibi, if you are reading this letter, know that Mom will always be beside yo

"Bibi, I didn't know you had such a troubled childhood..." I murmured. "Are you okay?"

Bibi looked away, wiping her tears from her shining eyes. She mumbled slowly, "I...I promised myself to never leave until I avenge her."

I comforted her, "It's okay, Bibi. But why didn't you tell all your friends in Retropolis about this earlier? They could have help you located this evil person who took your mother away."

Bibi said softly, "That's the problem, you see? I don't have any friends. Since I was young, Retropolis was already a horrible city. Then my mom died, and only my dad was left to take care of me. But he was always working at his diner. And then he went to do service for another country. So I was left all alone. I never made friends, and only left the house to take care of my dad's diner. To earn money. The only friends I have are Jessie and Fang..."

"Don't be sad, Bibi. It's time to increase your number from two to three," I told her.

"What do you mean?" Bibi looked up.

"I mean, I'll be your friend. And I'm going to stay here to help you find your mom." I declared.