Plannings

Sandy POV
"What?" I asked in confusion. "Break into the Retropolis Police Station? For what?"

"You need to find out more about your mother," R-T answered flatly. "This device is a null. It will erase any trace of you being there by feeding false footage to any security cameras in the station. Apart from that, it is also a insta-drive. When you connect it to a monitor, it will instantly record all the info that is on that monitor. When you get your mother's address, go to her house and you'll find some clues, I hope."

<*~*>

That night, we leaped into the police station via the window. Bibi had jimmied the window open with a crowbar, and the null had prevented any alarms from ringing. Quickly, we dashed down the hallway, using a flashlight to locate the "Official Records" door. How did we know what to look for?

Bibi had been here before because she was brought here by her father, who was at the police station to investigate on what had happened to her mother.

We finally found the office and snuck in, plugging the gold pin into the computer. "Five seconds...I think it's done!" Bibi murmured.

"Ok, let's go..." I told Bibi. We escaped from the dark station, ensuring the lock the window was locked.

Returning to Bibi's home, we plugged the drive into the computer, gasping as a long list of people appeared on the computer. Typing into the search function, we soon found Bibi's mother in the list, followed by a long list of information.

But finally we found the one we needed.

Address. 67 Adborn Street.

<*~*>

We had reached Bordenõ, 67 Adborn Street. It was a three-story house that looked like it had been long abandoned.

Both of us stepped into the dark, dingy house and looked around. Cobwebs had gathered everywhere and spiders crawled across the floor which was caked in a layer of dust. We stepped gingerly down the hallway, stopping at a room decorated in pink. On the door was a faded silver plate that read, "Selené".

"My mother's room!" Bibi said. We entered the dark room and turned on a flickering light. The room was covered in photos of lots of people I didn't recognise, and apparently, neither did Bibi. The drawers were full of empty notebooks, all marked with a mysterious seal that said, "P.I.D."

But there was nothing else. We had searched of hours before Bibi finally lay on the bed and murmured, "It's useless."

She rested on the wall, disappointed that we didn't find anything at all. But then the wall moved backwards.

"Oh my god!" I gasped, shocked by what had just happened. "There's a secret room back there!"

"Well...not so much a room as a closet," Bibi answered. "But there's some sort of same back here."

"Let's see..." I mumbled, taking out the golden null. As I placed it beside the screen, it glitched and the password "SELPID" appeared across the screen. There was a whir and a click, forcing the safe door open. But when I looked in, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Millions of weapons lined the safe, as well as special equipment that I had never seen before. There were guns in all shapes and sizes, but most importantly, the notebooks. Bibi opened them, revealing all sorts of pictures and details of crimes they had committed. Then I found a card hidden in between one of the yellowed pages.

"Selené Retroma. Private Investigation Department of Retropolis. P.I.D." I read out loud. "You know what this means, don't you, Bibi?"

"Yes," Bibi mumbled. "She was a secret agent."