Decisions

Bibi POV
Everyone turned to look at Sandy, including myself. "What? Why?" I was the first to ask.

"Well...now that I've graduated from school, and Tara and Gene don't need help, I'm pretty sure I'm free. And you are definitely in need of help, so I'll start with helping you!" Sandy said casually, as if this decision, if that's what you call it, wasn't gigantic.

"No, you can't sacrifice your life like this. Your parents will be so unhappy, and plus it's hard to live in this kind of city," I tried to convince him otherwise.

"Oh, no. Tara and Gene are very okay with me travelling around. They think it's good for me to open my eyes to the rest of the world and not just our little country," Sandy dismissed my words. "I'd love to help you. Plus, I have many connections that I'm sure will play off well for this search."

I wanted to continue, but I heard what he said about his connections. The main problem with my search was that I didn't have any officials to help me, and I could really use a well-connected, but not too busy, person like Sandy.

"Well...okay...I guess," I agreed half-heartedly.

"Great!" Sandy said cheerfully. "I know just where to start."

"Well, Fang, I guess I'll do the documentary/life show thingy after I'm done with this," I told him, trying not to sound excited.

Even though I was.

Because Sandy may very well be the only one who could help me.

<*~*>

Fang and Jessie had left long ago, and Sandy and I were working on a plan.

"Okay, since there are police working on your case—" Sandy began, but I cut him off.

"Actually, they stopped ten years ago," I informed him sadly.

"What? How irresponsible is that?" Sandy asked in shock.

"This is Retropolis. There are crimes 24/7. The police don't have much time to deal with each case," I answered with the black-and-white truth.

"Well, I guess we'll have to go back to Brawltopia, then. I have a policeman friend, R-T, who could help us," Sandy decided.

We leaped on the next bus there, with Retropolis citizens looking at us and gossiping randomly all the while. Finally, we got off at Starr Hub Brawltopia Station, where Sandy stepped in confidently with me trailing behind nervously. You see, I haven't actually been to Brawltopia much so I am a bit nervous around people from there, as they can recognise that I'm from Retropolis. And that is not a respected country.

When I was young, I attended Brawltopia Junior High and High School since Retropolis' schools were terrible and my dad wanted me to have a good education. He signed me up just before he disappeared to fight for another country.

And so I went there when I was 11. I didn't take elementary school, but I easily caught up.

But the problem was that no one wanted to befriend me. Everyone knew I was from Retropolis, I was an orphan...

They avoided me at all costs. Until one day, when I was 15, I found my first friend.

Fang.