Confessions

Bibi POV
"Mom!" I said in relief as the figure rose. She looked just like her photo, except thin, and traumatised. But one could still see the happiness in her eyes as she gave me a hug. "Bibi, sorry for leaving you all alone for your whole childhood," she mumbled, tears of joy and guilt rolling down her cheeks like rivulets.

"It's okay, Mom," I told her. "It's okay."

<*~*>

The next day, my mom had went into the hospital for vital checkups. After all, she had spent nearly 23 years in a prison. Sandy had accompanied me, and as we walked towards the water cooler, I noticed a StarrNews newspaper lying on the floor.

Picking it up, I read, "Christopher Cavers, Brawlywood's owner, has been arrested for keeping a woman imprisoned for 23 years as well as stealing at least $15m from Brawlywood's top directors. His sentence has yet to be finalised, but it will likely be a lifetime sentence. Turn to page 2 for more."

Which was what I did. And I couldn't believe my eyes.

I read in shock and disbelief, "Ownership of Brawlywood has been passed on to his only relative—his nephew Fang Cavers. The twenty-four year-old actor has starred in many movies, and won multiple awards for his outstanding performances. Now, he shall take well-earned ownership of this giant movie empire. See Page 7 for an exclusive interview with Fang Cavers after his most recent movie, Give Me Twenty-Four Hours. He played the lead actor, Emerson Dupell, and won three awards for his, and I quote, "excellent performance and great stunts"."

"Wow, really? That's so great for Fang!" Sandy cheered. "Owner of Brawlywood...he must have quite a lot on his plate!"

I continued to read, "His wife, Janet Cavers, has also become the owner of the popular Stunt Show after the owner Stu's recent retirement. This hot Brawlywood couple is definitely at the top of the charts now!"

I decided it was time to tell Sandy about my new feelings. I felt that he had recently realised that I was getting weird around him, and I had better explain it before I made things worse. I began nervously, "Speaking of couples, Sandy, there's something I need to tell you."

Before Sandy could speak, I told him, "I can't let you talk yet, because if you do, I don't think I can get through this. You see, when I was back in high school, I met Fang for the very first time. I instantly fell head over heels in love with him, and every time I talked to him it just got stronger. But Fang had so many girlfriends that I decided not to interfere, because I knew that getting into a relationship would just do bad things to our friendship if it didn't work out. And I wasn't ready to risk it with him."

"But recently, my feelings have changed yet again, and now they seem to be focused on...you. I just want you to know that, because you need to know why I may get awkward around you from now on—it took me years to get rid of my feelings for Fang, and I have no doubt that this will be the same. I just thought that it's something you should know."

I had told the truth, and it was so embarrassing. My cheeks had reddened, I was worrying about what he would say, and—

"Bibi?" Sandy's voice cut into my thoughts. "Every minute I've spent with you had just shown me how special you are. Just know that you aren't the only one with those feelings."

And the world seemed to fall into slow motion as he pulled me in for a kiss that would change everything.

The way our breath seemed to fall perfectly into sync...

The way our lips touched tenderly...

The way our hands held each other's tightly...

I had always thought that kissing Fang would be so good. But now I knew that Sandy was who I was meant to be with. Just with that one kiss.

Because it was more special than anything I had ever felt.

"So, I guess we're dating then..." I whispered.

A/N
Hehe. Were you hoping that I would leave you with another chapter? Or at least an epilogue?

Sorry to crush your dream, but no! 😊

I understand that sometimes readers like to have a finite ending, but I personally enjoy letting you use your creativity to dream up your perfect ending.

So, readers, how do you think this relationship will end? Think about what you want most. And that will be your happy ending!

And now, this quartet is officially finished!