Chapter 1

megaman099115

Corrin had to choose between her two families. She stood in the middle of the battlefield. "Let's see. I choose..."

Suddenly a catapult came out of nowhere and nearly struck both armies.

Ryoma shouted, "The Nohrians must have brought that!"

Hinoka got off her pegasus. "We know you want Corrin!"

Xander shook his head, "Quit your lies Hoshidons, that was clearly you."

A man dressed in elegant Roman-inspired clothing emerged from the nearby hill. "Hehe. Perfect, you two were already fighting each other."

Ryoma pointed his sword at the man. "State your name!"

The man smiled, "My name is Saul Bates, one of Lord Caesar's top generals."

Everyone else chimed in to that then prepared to fight this new enemy.

Corrin wanted to protect everyone. "Why are you intruding? If you're part of a minor kingdom you don't stand a chance to overthrow us." She walks towards him.

Saul laughed. "You have never heard of us?!" He had two people pull up banners.

Corrin had no clue what the banners meant.

"Oh no." Leo was sweating.

"I thought they were just stories..." Xander muttered.

"So the stories are true, thousands of years ago people left to form mighty kingdoms in another continent with one that desired to have an army made of slaves." Hinoka stood by Sakura.

'What stories?" Corrin backed away.

Ryoma said, "Clearly your purpose here is not peaceful."

Saul wanted to see how this would play out." oh just stories well how about we show you attack!!!" Several men rushed forward.

Meanwhile, Corrin chose to side with her adoptive family. Camilla and Elise were very happy.

Sakura started crying, she really wanted Corrin back.

"Damn it!" Ryoma shouted.

Corrin smiled when she remembered Hinoka saying something about an army of slaves. "If the soldiers are slaves then maybe I can reason with them." She walks towards the army. "Hi! If you side with me you'll be free, no more slavery!"

Saul was furious, "You dare question my soldiers' allegiance?!"

Corrin smiled, "Of course I do! I am making them a generous offer. In exchange for help, they'll be free and do whatever they want. No more mean general for them!"

Saul turned to his army. "She questions your faith in me and Caesar, don't be deceived by her, at the end of this campaign, they will be begging for their freedom."

The army was more partial to Saul.

Corrin got assertive. "Us? Bargain for freedom? Please, I don't want more fighting. My siblings are fighting each other as we speak. Besides if you're from far away, your reinforcements and lack of knowledge of this land will be your disadvantage. So slaves, come be free and on the winning side! We have the advantage."

Saul smiled, "It looks like to me two countries are fighting and that's perfect for us to take advantage of that chaos."

Leo gathered his family up. "We have to go now."

Corrin tried to reason with both kingdoms. "Everyone stop fighting! Can we take care of this Legion army first before we go back to each other's throats?"

Ryoma was walking away. "I'm afraid we cannot let the attack on the capitol slide away."

Xander started making his horse trot. "Father would be displeased if we sided with the dogs."

Corrin felt like her families were being idiots. "Well, what's the point of fighting each other if we're going to be dead as they rip apart our kingdoms and destroy our peoples?!"

Xander had a feeling Corrin was right. "How about we head back to the castle and see what Father has to say?"

Corrin was happy. "How hard can it be? Father loves us." She followed Xander.

As both armies left, the Legion set up camp on the plains.