Chapter 6

Several months had passed since Corrin chose to side with Nohr. Sakura was hurt by the betrayal and chose to become a fighter and a priestess. Hinoka was doing her best to get stronger. Takumi had been becoming more violent. Ryoma was doing his best to hold his family together and the army.

  Meanwhile, the Nohrian army had made it to Izuma. Zola messed up big time with his trickery and was killed by Leo. Izana apparated and thanked the Nohrians for stopping Zola.

  Before the two royal families can go back to being at each other's throats again, Izana reminds them that Izuma is a neutral territory and he takes all their weapons away.
  "You two shall be friends and have a feast here!" Izana started having servants prepare a fancy meal.

  The royal families reluctantly agree. Corrin wished she could befriend her siblings at this moment but it was futile at that point.

  Saul happened to be a butler for the archduke, Izana. The families paid no attention to him as they ate their food. Suddenly, an unexpected group of people popped in.

  "It can't be." Corrin tensed up.

  "How did they get here?" Hinoka whispered to Ryoma.

  He whispered back, "I am concerned they took over some land."

  Caesar walked in with a smile on his face. "I see the major royal officials are here, what a splendid surprise. Come men, sit down."

  Izana was not aware of the danger the Legion possessed, so he allowed them to take seats. "Please! The more the better!"

  Caligula sat down next to Sakura and she started crying. He rolled his eyes at her, "I am not going to hurt you."

  She went under the table.

  "You gotta be a shitty wimp." He kicked a bit.

  Caesar gestured for him to stop and to be more formal. "Let her stay under there."

  Ryoma spoke up. "How did you get here?" He was very concerned.

  Caesar chuckled, "Isn't it obvious? I took over the farming land by the border."

  Izana snapped his finger, "Butler! Please get our new guests some fine wine! Thank you!"

  Saul tried to hide his accent so he would not be recognized. "Yes sir." He hid his face as he poured the Legion guests wine.

  "I like this archduke's hospitality, perhaps we will leave his territory alone for a bit." Caesar took a sip of the wine, "Your butler kind of sounds like the incompetent general I had killed."

  Sakura went back to her seat. "What do you mean? I saw him crawl away on the battlefield and claimed he got a wound."

  Izana urged Saul to hurry up.

  Caesar nodded. "I know, I gave him that. He was supposed to bleed out and suffer a slow and painful death of suffocation."

  Saul quickly ran back, hiding his face, and gave the wine to Caesar. He ran back to the kitchen.

  Sakura rubbed her arms. "That's horrible. Why t-take his life?"

  Caesar finished his wine. "You're the shining example. You were supposed to be in our custody but he failed to keep you there."

"Butler!" Izana smiled. "Please get our guests chicken with rice."

  Saul was unable to pronounce chicken and rice like Izana did so he just said "mhm" and did not say 'I shall get the chicken and rice.'

  Sakura went to check on Saul and used the 'I want to see how nice the kitchen is' excuse.

  Saul was preparing the meals when Sakura walked in. He went down on his knees. "Please forgive me for holding you captive. I should have disobeyed from the beginning and accepted my punishment sooner."

  Sakura hugged him. She was touched by his sincere sorrow for his offenses. The Nohrians never apologized for anything wrong they did but this man went down on his knees to beg for forgiveness. She saw good in him and began to believe he truly did not bear the beliefs of the Legion and only obeyed for personal survival. "I f-forgive you."

  He felt some connection to the princess. He was blushing but before he could say anything, Izana urged him to hurry up with the meals. Saul rushed out with the plates and tripped in front of Caesar. "Oh shit."

    Caesar switched languages and nobody could understand him except Saul and the Legion soldiers accompanying him. "I thought I had gotten rid of you but it seems that your punishment has not been properly dished out yet."

  "It seems I am meant to live." Saul dodged the lit candle Caesar threw at him.

  Izana shook his finger. "Nuh-uh! No fighting here! This is neutral territory!"

  Caligula threw a glass at Izana. "We don't abide by your laws!"

  Caesar picked up a knife to throw at Saul and missed but the knife did slightly scratch near his chin. Saul immediately ran out of the building. Both royal families exited as they knew that the Legion was going to make a rapid move.

  When they exited, the Nohrians and Hoshidons realized that Saul would be a beneficial ally. Both bribed him to join their side. Saul heard the arguments and believed that the Hoshidons wanted peace more than the Nohrians, so he joined them.