Chapter 7

A few weeks had passed since the incident at Izuma. Ryoma decided to hold Saul as a prisoner for his crimes and debated how many of the promises he would bestow upon Saul.

Saul understood what was being done and helped strategize plans to atone for what he did to the Hoshidons. Sakura personally felt like Saul had already been through enough and already did his penance.

Sakura brought him his food and clean clothes. Saul realized his feelings for her were getting stronger but regardless, he was not sure if she would consent to dating him as Hinoka was already presenting suitors to her.

One day Sakura left and did not come back. Saul was extremely worried about her so he snuck out of the castle to find her. When he found her, she was fighting Azura and Corrin.

They were engaged in a conversation where Sakura addressed how she became a fighter to protect the ones she loved after Azura and Corrin betrayed her. Sakura was shedding tears, she did not want to fight Azura at all.

Azura told her the worst thing possible "Don't cry, we are at war. Show me what you got."

Sakura shot her arrows but they did not do much damage and she was struck down by Azura. Corrin reasoned with Garon to take her as a prisoner of war with her retainers. The rest of her soldiers were brutally killed.

Saul clenched his fists. He was angry that she was taken prisoner for a second time. He was determined to save her when the Nohrians would be caught off guard. It was difficult as they kept advancing and took on Takumi who was overcome quickly by Corrin and Camilla.

Garon was burnt out from not having a Hoshidon royal killed, so he demanded that Corrin kill the eldest princess and bring back her bloody weapon as a trophy.

While Corrin was busy talking to Garon, Saul went to save Sakura. He knocked Nohrian soldiers and searched tents for Sakura. When he found her, he took out the guards and freed her.

Sakura kissed his cheek. Saul blushed and safely took her out of the place.

Hinoka was in hiding just as Corrin told her to.

Saul was taking Sakura to her sister but before he did, he held her hands and asked, "Sakura. Will you be my girlfriend? I think you are really cute and I love your kindness and compassion."

She blushed, "I-I would love that. I love how far you have come and you are cute as well!"

They hugged and then found Hinoka in hiding. Hinoka hugged Sakura. "I was worried sick about you! Corrin told me you were taken prisoner."

"S-Saul saved me or I should rather say, my boyfriend saved me."

Saul waved at Hinoka. He was not sure how she would handle the news. Part of him wondered if he decided to ask Sakura too soon. He was not sure if Hinoka changed how she felt towards him during his time at Hoshido.

Hinoka looked at Saul. "Thank you for rescuing my sister. It means a lot to me. I was skeptical of you but since you saved her, you have proven yourself trustworthy."
He smiled at Hinoka and took a deep breath. "I asked Sa– I mean Princess Sakura to be my girlfriend, and she said yes. May I have permission to address her by just her name?"

She was a bit shocked at his action and request. Nevertheless, he had earned her respect so she gave him permission. "If you dare do anything to cause her harm, I will have no problem slicing your throat with my naginata. Got it?"

Saul nodded, "I understand your condition. Sakura is a very precious woman and a precious sister to you."

Sakura rested her head on his shoulder, making Saul blush.

A Hoshidon messenger was running towards them. "The Nohrians have halted their conquest as the Legion army is advancing more towards both kingdoms."

Saul gestured for Hinoka and Sakura to go in hiding as the Nohrian army currently believed Hinoka was dead and Sakura would be killed if they found out she escaped. "Take me to them. I know the Legion better than everyone."

Hinoka nodded. The messenger took Saul to meet the Nohrian royals and Ryoma and his advisors.