Chapter 10

Nearly six months passed. Sakura was due any day to deliver the baby. Saul had finished the baby's room in the castle which was Takumi's former bedroom. "I am so excited! I can't wait to see if the baby is a boy or a girl!"

Sakura giggled, "I am excited too. We will be excellent parents. I decided if the baby was a girl, we would name her Addelyn. What did you decide if the baby is a boy?"

"Vulpes. It means fox. Fox's are sneaky. The baby sneakily entered our lives and made them better."

Sakura sat down. "I love that."

The sun was setting. Sakura did not want Saul to worry about her safety because she had night prayer duty at the capital shrine.

Saul readied himself for the night and fell asleep. Sakura lay next to him until he was fast asleep. She grabbed her incense burner and lantern and headed out for the shrine.

Meanwhile, Caesar's spy was waiting a few streets away for the princess. He stole some monk clothing to disguise himself and practiced the Hoshidon accent to reduce suspicion.

Sakura headed out in the night. When the spy saw her, he gently approached her. "I was recently assigned her to assist you since you are going to need time off when you have the baby. Could you show me how things are done around here?"

Sakura nodded. "Yes you can walk with me."

"Excellent, I was planning on doing that." He put a dagger to her back, "Because you're going to see where your husband came from I was a spy sent here."

"D-don't hurt me. Who are you?"

"Don't act stupid, you heard me."

"Fine, I... I will go." She started crying.

"Pipe down!" He put her on a small boat.

"What's going to happen t-to me?" She stops crying.

"Shut up!"

"Tell me."

"No."

'T-Tell me now!"

"Okay, I am taking you to Caesar."

She fidgeted with her hand. "And what is to become of me?"

"You are to give birth to the child and executed."

"What?! I d-didn't even do anything wrong. I won't allow me to be separated from my child! D-do you hear me?!"

The spy scoffed, "yes... unfortunately."

"I won't... allow it." She fell asleep.

She was awoken by some soldiers picking her up and taking her into the castle then the throne room.

Sakura looked around. "Oh gods, this place is huge."

Caesar stood up from his throne. "Why, thank you."

"I know what you want and you won't get it. You won't separate me from my child because you want to execute me. You will not do such a thing! Do you understand?"

Caesar smiled. "So confident. I was told you were shy. I guess your desperation helped you."

"I will do anything to stay with my child, even if it means I cannot be shy."

"Oh you'll do anything? Hehe, as if that's going to stop my plans."

Sakura started crying and Caesar had his guards throw her in the dungeon.