Chapter 3

Sakura used her headband to pick the lock. Hana was telling Sakura she was skeptical about doing that. Sakura unlocked the cage and quietly left. Sakura tried speeding up but was told to slow down.

Sakura smiled, "I see the exit! Nobody is in our way."

Subaki stayed close. "Does that not seem suspicious?"

Sakura shook her head, "They are probably eating dinner. The sun is setting." She was getting ready to make a run for it.

Caligula came from behind, "You are right. It is getting dark."

"So much for eating dinner," Hana muttered as she and Subaki braced to protect Sakura.

Sakura was frozen in fear.

Caligula picked up Hana and tossed her to the ground. "You all must be punished for escaping. Let's start by causing the pretty princess some psychological pain!" He was about to do something cruel to Hana.

Sakura squealed, "No!!!"

Saul walked into the scene. "Caligula, what are you doing on my side of the camp?"

Caligula explained about their escape attempt.

Saul sighed, "You keep the red-head male, the brown-head female will go to the general prisoner cage, and I will keep the princess. Understood? Remember, I have the higher authority here."

Sakura was on her knees begging, "Please let m-my retainers go! They have nothing t-to do with this! They're o-ordered to follow m-me and got d-dragged into this mess!"

He looked at her with a cold face, "No."

Sakura kept begging and Sau threatened to cut off one of her retainer's hands off. Sakura gulped and was taken away by Saul and thrown into a cage in his tent.

Hinoka was pacing back and forth in the castle. "Ryoma, have Sakura's guards bring her here for dinner."

Ryoma came back a few minutes later, trying to not sound concerned. "She's gone."

Hinoka was stressed. "Gone?! The Nohrians must have kidnapped her! They can get in now that the magic barrier is gone. Our poor Sakura must be terrified. I hope she isn't hurt."

Ryoma looked out the window. "She was really scared. It is possible she climbed out the window in a panic. Her retainers are gone, they must have gone after her. Either the Legion or the Nohrians likely got her."