무빙 4.

무빙 4. Booyang: Family Support

We walked along the snow-covered road, my small hand tightly gripping my mother's. The winter wind pierced through my bones, but I kept walking with unwavering determination. On my mother's back, Bong Seok, my younger brother, clung tightly to her coat.

We hid and tried to stay hidden. I didn't know where our father was, and we only had each other. In that vast land, it was just the three of us. Me, Bong Seok, and our mother, Lee Mi Hyun.

I still remember how difficult our lives were. My mother faced countless hardships and challenges. But I had to hide it all behind a smile. I didn't want to worry or sadden my mother. I wanted to be a source of strength for both of them.

As we walked through the cold snow, I looked at my mother with admiration. Her face radiated resilience and determination. I knew the weight she carried to protect us, to give us a better future.

I learned to hide my worries and sadness. I wanted to be a strong child, someone who could provide support to my mother and brother. Even though I was young, I felt the responsibility on my shoulders.

On our journey, I felt the warmth of my mother's hand tightly holding mine. It was a reminder that we were not alone, that we had each other. Despite the hardships of our lives, we had an unbreakable bond of love and togetherness.

In my heart, I vowed to keep smiling and to continue being a source of strength for my family. Even though we lived a life on the run, I knew that we could overcome it all together. With my mother and Bong Seok, I felt safe and loved.

I continued my steps through the snow, with hope in my heart. Despite the uncertainties of the future, I knew that we would always be together, facing any obstacles with courage and unity.

I, Kim Bong Yi, will keep walking beside my mother and Bong Seok, with a smile on my face and love in my heart.

One day, when I reached middle school, I stumbled upon a gun hidden by my mother in her sewing machine. With a newfound confidence, I looked at my mother and said, "Eomma, I remember everything. I remember why Appa left." I could see the shock and worry on her face.

Then, with unwavering determination, I continued, "I will also protect our family. So, Eomma, you're not alone, and no matter how much you try to stop me, I will do it my way. I miss Appa, and I will find him no matter what."

As I uttered those words, my mother broke down in tears and embraced me tightly. It was a mix of relief, sadness, and a glimmer of hope. At that moment, we shared a deep understanding and a renewed commitment to each other.

I held my mother tightly, offering comfort and reassurance. I wanted her to know that I would be there for her, just as she had always been there for me. Together, we would face the challenges ahead and search for my father, holding onto the belief that we could reunite our family.

As tears streamed down our faces, we found solace in each other's embrace. It was a cathartic release of emotions, a moment of vulnerability and strength intertwined.

From that day forward, my determination to find my father grew stronger. I embarked on a journey to uncover the truth, to understand why he left, and to bring him back to our family. My mother, though worried, supported me in my quest, knowing that I needed to find closure and reclaim our sense of wholeness.

And that's how fate led me to meet Gang Hoon.

***