무빙 10.

무빙 10. The Burden of Promise

With earphones in their ears, Gang Hoon and Bong Yi found each other in the gym. Gently holding onto her hand, Gang Hoon closed his eyes and leaned on Bong Yi's shoulder for comfort. She gently caressed his hair and watched every inch of his face.

Lost in their own world, they found peace and comfort in each other's presence as the music played through their ears. The rhythmic beats and melodies filled the air, creating a calming atmosphere.

Bong Yi lovingly traced the contours of Gang Hoon's face, capturing every detail from the curve of his lips to the lines on his forehead.

Gang Hoon closed his eyes and felt himself start to relax. He enjoyed the warmth of the touch of Bong Yi and the soothing melody that rang in his ears.

Gang Hoon whispered, his voice filled with concern, "Bong Yi-ya, what if Bang Ki Soo is serious about his threat?" His words hung in the air, creating a tense atmosphere between them. Gang Hoon's encounter with Ki Soo had left a mark, the thought of their secret being exposed sent a shiver down his spine.

Bong Yi let out a heavy sigh, her brows furrowing with worry. "Probably not. I believe he's just trying to intimidate us," she replied, trying to sound confident. Deep down, however, doubts gnawed at her, and she couldn't shake off the uneasiness within her.

He sat up straight, determined, and removed his earphones to focus on their conversation fully. With a serious expression, he looked directly into Bong Yi's eyes and said, "But if we do get caught, you have to promise to pretend you don't know me, it's for your own safety."

Bong Yi's heart sank at the thought. Especially now that they were officially a couple, she could not bear the thought of separating from him again.

Her voice trembled slightly as she replied, "Gang Hoon-a, I won't do that. I won't run away without you. If we don't stick together, everything we've done, everything we've been through, will be in vain."

Bong Yi's determination created tension between them. Gang Hoon's gaze softened, he reached out and held her hand firmly, "Bong Yi-ya, we must prepare for the worst. If they find out about us, it may put us and our family in danger. We must protect them. You must keep the promise."

Bong Yi's eyes shone with tears and her voice was firm, "I'm well aware of the risks, but I'm not going to let fear rule my life. We can get through anything together, we always have... Besides, I think these people have something to do with my father's disappearance, so I'm not going to back down or run away. You got it?"

Gang Hoon was about to argue with Bong Yi when a voice suddenly interrupted their conversation. "Ya, neohui dul. (Hey, you two!)"

They saw Hui Soo as they turned their heads to the source of the voice. She called out to them in a low, purposeful tone and walked over to them with a mischievous smile on her face. She said, "Why aren't you in class? Instead, you two are here together?"

Their bodies tensed with surprise, Bong Yi and Gang Hoon shifted away from each other immediately. Hui Soo stood beside Bong Yi and continued teasingly, "banjanggwa bubanjangi sueob junggane mollae nolado dwae? (Tell me, can a class president and vice president just skip class and sneak around?)"