016, 𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗦𝗵𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿𝘀 (𝟳𝘅𝟭𝟳, 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗜𝘀 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗪𝗲 𝗗𝗼 𝗜𝘁)

Ellie walked into the bedroom she was now sharing with Cassie. She smiled. "Okay. Today is the day we find out if we're having a girl or a boy."

"We?"

Ellie nodded. "Cass, we're sharing a bed. We're in a relationship at this point," she said. She knew she was joking. But she needed to take her mind off Jackson and Lexie being together.

Cassie smiled. "It must have hurt. Seeing them together," she said as she looked to her.

Ellie shrugged and sighed. "It does. But it just shows how little I mean to him if he can get with her after I asked him to wait for me," she told her.

"We don't half pick them. But it's gonna be okay. You've got me and the baby. Do you really think I'm going to let you go through this heartbreak on your own? You've been my rock lately. And without you, I don't know what I'd do," Cassie said.

"Let's just marry each other. Tell Mark and Jackson to get fucked," Ellie said.

"Amen sister. We're gonna be okay. I promise."

****

Arizona saw Mark sitting at the table. He had made Callie breakfast. She looked to him. "Have you talked to Cassie at all?" She asked.

"We've been talking. She has an appointment today. I want to be there for her. But she's pushing me away," Mark told her.

Arizona sighed and nodded. "She's been through so much. And you can't expect her to just welcome you back with open arms after everything that's happened. It's going to take time. You betrayed her with her own sister."

Mark knew Arizona was right. But he just wanted to be there for Cassie and the baby.

****

Jackson walked over to Lexie. He smirked. "Can you wash this, too?" He asked.

Lexie grinned. "Jackson."

The two of them started kissing as Ellie walked in. She rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Is there anywhere you don't do it? No?" She said as she turned and walked off.

Cassie looked to her. She smiled. "They in there? They're making me sick if I'm being honest," she said.

Ellie nodded. "I don't see why they're always at it. I just don't need to see it. God, I'm so bitter."

"No you're not. You're allowed to be hurt. But you don't have to hurt alone. I'm here for you."

"Thanks Cass."

****

Cassie was sitting in OB. She looked up as Mark walked in. She frowned. "What are you doing here?" She asked as she wiped away some tears.

"Ellie let slip to Meredith and I overheard. You didn't think I'd let you do this alone? I told you. I want to be here with you," Mark said as he took her hand.

Cassie sighed. "Don't you have to be with Callie? I know she has an appointment today. I heard her talking about it with Arizona," she mumbled.

Mark shrugged. He smiled. "I'm here with you. If you want me here," he said.

"I-I do."