020, 𝗟𝗲𝘅𝗶𝗲'𝘀 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 (𝟳𝘅𝟮𝟭, 𝗜 𝗪𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗦𝘂𝗿𝘃𝗶𝘃𝗲)

Cassie groaned as she woke to the sound of Rosie crying. She slowly climbed out of bed and walked over to her.

Cassie and Rosie had stayed over with Mark as Cassie was finally going back to work and Mark would be watching Rosie to make it easier.

She picked her up and held her. "It's okay baby. Mommy is here," she said as she held her close.

Rosie stopped crying as soon as she was in Cassie's arms. Cassie smiled. "You are an absolute angel," she whispered. She didn't want to wake Mark.

"Cass?"

Cassie turned to see Mark sitting up in bed. She sighed. "Sorry. I did try to not wake you. But she started fussing. She's not hungry," she said.

Mark rolled his eyes. "Wake me up anytime you need. Give her to me and then go back to sleep. You're back at the hospital today. I'm off until tomorrow night so I can look after her," he told her.

Cassie handed Rosie to Mark. She climbed back into bed and fell straight to sleep.

Mark looked to Rosie and saw her blue eyes on his. "You've changed my life Rosie. I love you so much," he said. He kissed her head. "I know I hurt mommy a lot of times. But I promise you that I'll never hurt her again."

Rosie blinked and fell asleep on Mark. He held her close and sighed. "Good talk Rosie girl," he whispered as he put her back into the bassinet.

Mark joined Cassie back in bed. She rolled over and cuddled into him. Mark smiled. He knew he and Cassie had slowly been working on their relationship. But they had a newborn together. And things were hard.

Mark knew that he wanted to have a family with Cassie. He wanted to have more kids with her. But he knew that before they even took things further, he needed to prove that he was serious about her.

He had messed up a lot. And he had hurt her more than anything. But he wanted to put that right. He wanted to show Cassie he was serious.

He had been a dad to Sofia. And he and Callie were still best friends. But his main focus was building his relationship with Cassie again.

"Mark?"

"Yeah?"

"I forgive you," Cassie mumbled as she cuddled into him. She sighed. "I need sleep."

Mark smiled. "You do doll."

****

Ellie grinned as Cassie walked towards her. She looked to her. "And where is my niece?" She asked as she hugged her.

"With Mark."

Ellie pouted. "Oh. I need to see her again," she said as she slipped on her lab coat.

Cassie smiled and nodded. "You're always welcome to come and see her. You were the one person who was there for me when I was pregnant. So I literally owe you my life."

"Rosie is my niece. And as bad as this sounds, I don't think I'll have the bond with Sofia that I do with Rosie."

Cassie nodded. "Yeah. I miss Rosie," she said as she looked to the photo she had on her lock screen.

Ellie grinned. "She is pretty cute. You make cute babies," she told her with a grin.

Cassie sighed. She smiled. "I miss her so much. I actually thought about quitting and just spending all my time with her. What hurts is that it was my fault she almost died. I was careless and took my seatbelt off."

Ellie smiled. She pulled her into an hug. "Cass. It wasn't your fault. It was the drunk driver who crashed. You were pregnant. And the seatbelt was tight. Even I knew that. It wasn't your fault," she told her.