019, 𝗪𝗲𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 (𝟳𝘅𝟮𝟬, 𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗪𝗲𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴)

Cassie looked to Mark. She frowned. "I'm sorry. I thought you said I have to go and sit at a dinner with my parents. My betrayal sister. And Arizona's family? Must be my baby brain playing up. My mistake," she said.

"If I have to, then you have to. Come on Cass. I can't do this without you," Mark told her.

Ellie sat there and sniggered. She shook her head. "You'll be fine. Cassie doesn't like her sister if you weren't aware."

Mark rolled his eyes. "You can babysit just for the comment," he said. He turned back to Cassie. "Please."

"Why me? Have I not been through enough lately? I literally died. I think that should give me a free pass to not being tortured," Cassie said.

Mark shrugged and smiled. "Well yeah. You need a momma's night out. Even if it is opposite," he told her.

"Wow. Yay. Spending the evening with betrayal sister. My marriage before sex parents. And you. The man who ripped my heart into pieces. Inserted sperm into me. And then sat there singing as I fought for my life."

"See. We're gonna be fine. Get ready."

****

Mark and Cassie were in Callie and Arizona's apartment for the dinner party. It was tense which made him glad he left Rosie with Ellie in his apartment. He didn't want her there.

Mark stood up. He smiled and picked up his glass. "I'd like to propose a toast," he said.

Daniel, Arizona's father scoffed. "Why is the sperm donor here? I thought tonight was a family dinner?" He asked.

Cassie rolled her eyes. "Mark is more than a sperm donor. He is her father," she spat.

"Dad, I... Cassie. Behave," Arizona said as she looked to her daughter and her father.

Mark ignored him. Definitely thankful that Cassie was there to defend him.

"To two extraordinary women ... may your lives be overfilled with love, happiness, and joy. To Callie and Arizona ... the mothers of my child," he said.

"Oh, for God sake. I..."

Arizona's mother, Barbara rolled her eyes. "Oh, Daniel," she mumbled.

"Cheers. Yes. There we go," Mark said. He turned to Arizona's father. "Do you ever go by anything other than colonel, colonel?" He asked.

"The colonel."

Actually, um... we forgot to say grace," Lucia, Callie's mother spoke up.

"Say what?"

"Yeah, we should ... we should say grace before we eat. Of course. Shame on us," Callie said. Wanting there to be peace and quiet.

Arizona looked to her dad. "Fork down, The colonel," she said.

Callie turned to her mom and smiled. "Mom, you want to lead?" She asked.

Lucia nodded. "Bless us, oh, Lord, and these thy gifts..."

Sofia started crying. Callie stood up and went to get her. Carlos, Callie's father turned to Arizona. "Arizona, we sat next to a charming young man on the plane today. And he said he was going with his partner to marching parade," he said.

Arizona smiled and nodded. "For pride? Yeah. Those are good," she told him.

Callie came back into the room with Sofia. Barbara looked up. "Oh she couldn't be cuter if she tried," she said.

"Mom you haven't had chance to hold her yet," Callie told her mom.

Lucia shook her head. "No. That's alright. Thank you though. I'm still eating," she told her daughter.