Chapter 5

Vritika was sitting in front of the mirror. She looked at herself. Smudged kohl, eyes puffy red, tear strains on her face with her hair being drastic. She was quietly sitting and thinking about Ahaan, when she heard a huge knock on her door. Her heart jumped when she heard it and immediately rushed towards the door. As she opened it there was Darsh who was almost at the verge of crying.

"Darsh.. kya hua? Ro kyu Raha hai??"
(Darsh.. what happened? Why are you crying??)

"Di.. Di.. aap jaldi chaliye.. please jaldi chaliye..  papa aaye hai office se.. lag raha hai bohot bara kuch hua hai.. woh.. woh ro rahe hai didi..."
(Di.. di.. you come with me... Please come fast.. dad came from the office.. looks like something big has happened.. he.. he was crying...)

This was a shock for Vritika, as she never ever imagined her father crying. She rushed downstairs with Darsh and saw Vibhuti was sitting, holding his head and tears were continuously falling from his eyes. Vritika ran towards him and knelt down.

"Papa... Papa.. kya hua?? Aap aise ro kyu rhe hai?? Kuch hua kya office mein?? Papa??"
(Papa.. papa... What happened?? Why are you crying? Has anything happened in the office?? Papa??)

Now tears started flowing from her eyes because her father was crying. Vibhuti was not responding to her so she looked at Darsh and signalled him to call Aisha. Darsh nodded and brought a crying Aisha. Vritika was shocked and confused about why they were crying so much...
She wiped her tears and came to Aisha.

"Mumma... Kya hua hai??"
(Mom.. what happened??)

Aisha looked at her and started saying while sobbing.

"Sab khatam ho Gaya bacche.. sab khatam ho gaya... Aapke papa ke itne saalo ki mehnat sab mitti mein mil gaya... Kisi apne ne dhoke se tumhare papa ka trust jitke pure company ko loss mein duba Diya hai.. abh pata nahi kaise kya hoga? Saare employees ke salaries aur bonus sab bache hai... Sab khatam ho gaya... Sab!"
(Everything's over now dear... Everything's over... Your father's hard work for so many years has turned into dust... Our closed one had run over losses on our company overnight gaining your father's trust... Now we don't know how everything will be sorted out? Even the salaries and bonuses of the employees are pending... Everything's over now.. everything!!)

Aisha cried continuously as she dropped the shocker bomb on the kids. Vritika got tensed. She went to her father who was sitting like a statue now.

"Papa... Koi upaay nahi hai?"
(Papa .. are there no ways?)

"Isse bahar nikalne ke liye hume bohot se paise ki zarurat hogi beta... Market mein humari company ka bhi naam kharap ho Gaya hai... Aur paise aur naam tabhi aayenge jab koi Naya client aayega... Aur abh toh woh bhi asambhav hai..."
(To get out of this we need a lot of money dear... Our company's profile and good name are now vanished from the market... And the money and profile would only return when we'll get a new client..  and now that's too not possible!)

Vritika thought for some time.

"Papa aap chinta mat kijiye... Koi na koi upaay zarur milega Hume.. don't worry papa!"
(Papa you don't worry... We'll get a solution soon! Don't worry!)

Saying this Vritika held Vibhuti and instructed Darsh to help Aisha to their room. After doing that Vritika went to the kitchen to cook some meal while Darsh followed her when she has already cooked half of the meal.
Vritika looked at him.

"Mumma papa kaise hai? So rahe hai kya?"
(How's mom and dad? Are they sleeping?)

"Rone ka side effect.. neend aa gya unko.."
(Side effect of crying... Sleep got over them..)

"Sahi hai.. soyenge toh accha lagega!"
(Good.. sleeping helps!)

After that both of them stood there silently.

"Di..."

"Hmm?"
(Yes?"

"Why were you crying?"

Vritika stopped moving the spatula. She started thinking of it again.

"Darsh.. uhmm.. Ahaan.. ne.."
(Darsh.. uhmm.. Ahaan..)

"Don't tell me unhone aapko chor diya!"
(Don't tell me he left you!)

"Afsos.."
(Yes..)

She said with a blunt smile.

"Oh man!! Maine aap dono ke shaadi ke sapne bhi dekhe the! Aap dono kitne acche lagte the saath mein.."
(Oh man!! I dreamt of your wedding with him! You both looked so good together!)

"Lagte the.. par abh nahi.. you know.. kuch logo ka aana is only meant for to give you lessons.. jo ki maine le Li hai.. abh sirf yeh sochna hai ki papa ki madad kaise Kiya jaaye!"
(Were... We both looked good together in the past... Not now.. you know.. some people come in our lives only to give you lessons... Which i acquired... Now I only need to think how can I help dad!)

Vritika along with Darsh started thinking for a clue.

"Achanak se yeh sab kaise ho gaya na!"
(Suddenly all of this happened!)

Vritika looked at Darsh.

"Aapka breakup... Papa ka loss.. client ki pareshaani.. papa ka rona.."
(Your breakup.. dad's loss.. client problem... Dad's crying..)

Vritika sighed.

"Maine papa ko kabhi rote hue nahi dekha Darsh.. aaj jab dekha na.. toh laga ki saari duniya ko jala du main!"
(I never saw papa crying Darsh.. when I witnessed it today.. I felt like to burn the whole world only for him!)

There was utter silence in between them.
After sometime the food was cooked well, while Vritika took the plate with Darsh and went to their parents' room. Vritika sat near Vibhuti while Darsh sat near Aisha..
Both of them were feeding their parents as all the four of them had tears in their eyes.
After the eating session was over vibhuti asked..

"Aap dono ne khaya?"
(Have you both eaten?)

"Khaa lete hai papa!"
(We are going to eat papa!)

With that Vritika went out of their room with Darsh and after washing her hands she went to give medicine to her dad.

"Pata nahi kaunse punye kiye hai maine aap dono jaise santan prapti ke liye!"
(Don't know what good works I have done to get you both as my children!)

Vritika smiled and after wishing them good night she came out of the room. After making sure that Darsh was asleep, she went to her room and lied down on her bed. She looked at the balcony, for the first time in these few years, Ahaan didn't come. She sighed. This time the breakup was real. This time the gap was real. Everything was real. The slap. The breakup. Suddenly her phone showed her a notification. She looked at it where Ahaan's mom had posted a pic of Ahaan's engagement. She smiled at it.

"Congratulations Ahaan! You got yourself a better wife than me!"

She whispered to herself and started crying. While crying when she felt in a deep slumber she didn't know.
.
.
.
TBC
DO VOTE AND REVIEW