Chapter 13

"Abhi kuch rasme vagera baaki hai.. so taiyar hoke aa jaao.. mehmaan aate hi honge!"
(Some rituals are remaining.. go and get ready.. the guests will arrive shortly!)

Swarna instructed Vritika while she nodded and went to the room. She sat near the suitcase, and started deciding about the saree she's gonna wear. After choosing for a long time, she took the dress and went to change. After tying her hair, she did a minimal makeup with golden accessories. She was done with her look.

After wearing her bangles she turned around only to find a smitten Vivaan leaning on the door with his mouth open

After wearing her bangles she turned around only to find a smitten Vivaan leaning on the door with his mouth open. She immediately turned around looking down, while he realised what kind of a fool he was looking while staring at her. After a good amount of embarrassment he went to his cupboard to pick an outfit. Vritika was about to leave the room when he said..

"Uhm.. woh.. aapke liye cupboard mein jagah bana deta hu.. aapki cheezein rakhne mein aasaani hogi.."
(Uhmm.. let me make some space for you in the cupboard.. it will help you to arrange your things!)

Vritika just nodded and left the room.
.
As the pair came down, Vritika was sitting on the Sofa, with the veil covering her face. One by one relatives were coming, opening her veil and commenting on her face and then giving her the gifts. Vivaan and Veer were simply standing and looking at the nonsense.

"Yeh kya baat hua? Jab nayi dulhan ko dekhna hai toh sirf aise hi bitha do.. aur nek dete raho.. yeh baar baar ghungat kholna phir pehnana.. yeh kya rasam hai 🙂"
(What is this? If you want to see the newly wedded bride then just make her sit.. and give the gifts.. what is this once opening the veil and then closing it.. what kind of a ritual is this?)

Veer whispered to Vivaan while Vivaan made him shut.
After the relatives were done, Vivaan and Vritika were sitting at opposite sides in front of a big bowl which had milk filled in it.

"Hmm so abhi yeh dudh ki katori mein gyi anghuti! Abh jisne bhi woh anghuti sabse pehle niklega.. shaadi mein baat ussiki maani jaaygi!"
(Okay so now the ring goes inside this bowl! Now whoever will find the ring first would be authorising the marriage!)

Veer laughed at it while Vivaan and Vritika started searching for the ring. Vritika found the ring first but didn't want to win so she looked at Vivaan. Slowly she left the ring and pushed it towards Vivaan but as he was also searching unknowingly he pushed the ring again to Vritika. She frowned as she pushed the ring again towards Vivaan while Vivaan was busy in the milk bowl. Again unknowingly he pushed the ring towards Vritika. Now losing her patience, Vritika took the ring and put it in Vivaan's palm. He looked at Vritika who was already looking at him.

"Haan yeh kar lo pehle.. rasm ka kya hai.. woh toh hota rahega.. but haath pakarna is important!"
(Yeah this comes first... Ritual? Oh sorry, that's a part of life... But holding hands is more important!)

Veer teased while Vritika pushed Vivaan's hand up showing that Vivaan got the ring. Vivaan was still looking at Vritika.

"Bhai.. aap Jeet gye ho.. iska matlab yeh toh nahi na ki aap abhi bhi bhabi ko dekhte hi rahoge!"
(Bro.. you won.. that doesn't mean that you won't stop staring at her?)

Veer winked while Vritika felt awkward.

"Chal hat! Kuch bhi bolta hai! Dekhiye.. mera Vivaan Jeet Gaya! Toh nek bhi Vivaan ko hi milega!"
(Shut up! You speak rubbish! Look.. my Vivaan won! So the gift will be given to him only!)

Swarna said with happiness while Vritika smiled.
After a while when everyone was busy with the food, Vritika was helping by serving the food while Vivaan stood leaning on the wall with a grave thought. He was looking at Vritika.

"C'mon Bhai.. abh toh ghurna band karo!"
(C'mon bro.. atleast stop gawking at her!)

Veer said while eating the sweet dish but Vivaan still didn't pay heed to his words.

"Veer.. ek baat samjh nahi aayi mujhe!"
(Veer.. I didn't understand one thing!)

"Kya?"
(What?)

"Yehi ki uss rasm mein.. anghuti sabse pehle Vritika ko mili.. toh usne woh anghuti mujhe kyu dedi? Aur infact woh shuru se lagi thi anghuti mujhe Dene ke liye.."
(This.. in that ritual..  she found the ring first but she gave it to me instead.. why? In fact.. she was busy giving the ring to me...)

This thing Veer also started thinking seriously.
Veer kept the bowl of a sweet dish and went towards Vritika.

"Abh yeh kya karne wala hai.. kyu bataya Maine isse!"
(Now what he's gonna do?? Why did I share it?)

Veer stood near Vritika, as she noticed him between the chores and smiled.

"Bhabi.. ek baat puchu?"
(Bhabi.. may i ask you something?)

"Haan puchiye"
(Yes sure..)

"Ek toh aap mujhe 'aap' mat kahiye strange lagta hai! Main bhi toh Darsh ke tarah hi hun na!"
(You don't call me with utter respect.. I am also like Darsh only?)

She smiled.

"Pucho.."
(Ask...)

"Han woh.. aapne anghuti bhaiya ke haath kyu kar di jab ki woh sabse pehle aapko mili thi?"
(Yes.. why did you handover the ring to  bro's hand when you yourself got it first?)

Vritika looked at him and then at Vivaan.

"Don't worry! Meri noticing power kuch zyada hi acchi hai!"
(Don't worry! I have got a good noticing power!)

"Abh woh actually... Aunty ko bura lagta na jab woh anghuti main uthati.. waise hi woh thodi si upset hai toh kyu unhe aur upset karna?"
(Actually... Aunty must have felt bad if I had taken the ring... Seems like she's upset already.. why to upset her more?)

Veer smiled.

"Main khana paros ke aati hu!"
(Let me serve!)

She went from there while Veer went to Vivaan and explained the scenario.

"Bhai.. bhabi tabhi humare family ko apna paayengi jab hum apne aur se efforts denge.. varna aise hi chup chaap rehne lagi na toh depression mein chali jaaygi main bata raha hu!"
(Bro... She'll only be able to engulf us as her family if we take a step closer... If she continues to be so silent then she might go into depression!)

Saying this Veer left Vivaan alone.
.
.
.
TBC
DO VOTE AND REVIEW
.
So what are your views regarding this chapter?
How was the ring ceremony?
What do you think about Vritika vivaan and veer?
What do you think? What will happen next?
Do let me know in the comments what you all feel about this chapter!