Chapter 14

Vritika was ready for the reception party. She looked at her diary which had the flower Ahaan had gifted her. The writings, the letters.. everything reminded her of Ahaan. A lone tear fell from her eye, in his remembrance.

"Vritika ji.."

She shuddered and immediately closed the diary and turned around.

"Aap ro rhi thi kya?"
(Were you crying?)

Vritika immediately wiped off her tear.

"Nhi woh.. aankh mein kuch chala Gaya tha!"
(No actually something went into my eyes!)

Vivaan nodded.

"Woh.. papa aaj aaye hai wapas.. toh woh aapse milna chahte hai!"
(Actually, dad just arrived.. he wants to meet you!)

Vritika nodded and went with him after keeping her diary safely in her suitcase.
They both stood near Aditya who was continuously looking at Vritika. She went and took blessings from him.

"Khush raho!"
(Be happy!)

Vritika was feeling a little uncomfortable in his touch but didn't say anything.
.
.
In the reception, Vivaan and Vritika were sitting together on the sofa and were receiving gifts. They were seeing everyone having their food meanwhile Vritika was craving for them.
After some time Vritika went to have some water.
Suddenly she was pulled at a corner by someone, who had put their palm over her lips.

"Shh.. it's me! Vivaan!"

Vivaan said while Vritika opened her eyes. Her eyes moistened as she remembered Ahaan.
But it was not Ahaan. She frowned at it.

"What do you think you are doing?"

She said with tears.

"Look I am sorry if you felt bad for my move, but I was going to.."

Vritika cut him off.

"Listen.. humari shaadi normal circumstances mein nahi hui hai! Agar aapko lagta hai ki hum dono normal pati patni ke tarah behave kar sakte hai then you are wrong because main kabhi bhi aapko Mera pati nahi Maan sakti!"
(Listen.. our marriage was not under normal circumstances! If you feel that we can act like normal couple then you are wrong because I can never accept you as my husband!"

Vivaan was shocked by Vritika's statement.

"So please.. dur rahiye mujhse.. aur mujhe chune ki koshish na kare!"
(So please.. stay away from me.. and don't try to touch me!)

Saying this Vritika stormed off, leaving a disheartened Vivaan alone.
Throughout the reception both of them had no smile in their faces. Darsh and Veer were confused by their siblings' behaviour.

"Bhai aur bhabi aise muh latkaye kyu baithe hai? Tujhe kuch pata hai kya?"
(Why bro and sister in law sitting with a face so upset? Do you know anything?)

Darsh looked at Veer. And then at his sister.

"Di ka toh mujhe pata hai shayad... Jijaji ka pata nahi!"
(Maybe I know about my sister.. I don't know about bro in law!)

Veer looked at Darsh who was having a serious face.
In these two days, Darsh and Veer had become really good friends. Darsh wanted someone to take care of her sister just like he did, and he got that one as Veer. So he never hid anything about his sister to him. But this secret, was hidden.

"Kya jaante ho tum?"
(What do you know?)
.
As the reception was over, it was midnight. Vivaan was sitting in the balcony of his room while Vritika had gone with her family for another ritual. Which was of staying with her own family where the next day the groom comes to pick her from there again. He was looking at the gift he bought for her.
Vivaan sighed and went inside the room, he noticed that Vritika's things were still like a mess on the floor.
"Agar aapko lagta hai ki hum dono normal pati patni ke tarah behave kar sakte hai then you are wrong because main kabhi bhi aapko Mera pati nahi Maan sakti!"
"If you feel that we can act like a normal couple then you are wrong because I can never accept you as my husband!"

These words were continuously roaming in his mind. While arranging Vritika's things, he found a diary in the suitcase. He opened it and saw the chit he had given to Vritika in the morning.

"Isse sambhalke kaun rakhta hai?"
(Who keeps these like an asset?)

He was about to throw it in the dustbin when he felt that he shouldn't mess with other's things such as the diary. He was about to read it when he remembered.
"So please.. dur rahiye mujhse.. aur mujhe chune ki koshish na kare!"
(So please.. stay away from me.. and don't try to touch me!)
He felt that he was doing wrong so he kept the diary.
He went towards the balcony in order to close the door as out of nowhere the nature was windy. It was almost like a cyclone had came. He closed the door and saw that the pages of the diary was open. He went near it in order to close it when he saw that, a rose was there, with the name "AHAAN" on it. He was shocked at the name.

"Aaj Ahaan ne mujhe laal laal gulaab diya.. main toh itni khush hu ki main bayaan nahi kar sakti! I know woh mujhse bohot pyar karta hai!"

Vivaan was feeling broken with the words.
Unknowingly he had read almost all the pages in her diary where she wrote about Ahaan. The letters given by Ahaan and the letters which were remained undelivered to Ahaan. The roses the flowers the drawings. Her diary was the proof of how much she loved Ahaan and he reciprocated her love. And then finally he came to the last page of the diary.

"Ahaan ki engagement hai aaj... Guess Karo kiske saath? Nahi.. issbar.. woh lucky girl main nahi hun.. kya tum bhi.. kanha abh har baar mujhe hi thodi lucky banayenge. Woh toh bolte hai kabhi dusro ko bhi mauka Diya Karo.. bass... Maine de Diya.. actually.. usne de Diya.. kisi dusre ko.. lucky hone ka mauka.. kya kanha.. kisi aur ko lucky hone ka mauka Diya toh aap mujhe itna unlucky toh mat banaiye.. ki meri shaadi ek anjaan se fix kar dijiye... Aisa bhi toh nahi likha hoga na meri kismat mein... Shayad woh kisi aur se pyar kar bhi le.. lekin maine kitna Ahaan ko chaha hai.. shayad hi utna kisi aur ko chah paau... Abh mujhme wapas se kisi aur pe vishwas aur bharosa karne ki takat nahi hai!"
(Today's Ahaan's engagement... Guess with whom? No.. this time..that lucky girl is not me...now, everytime that lucky girl won't be me afterall... Even God says.. let anyone else be lucky too..that's why.. this time I let anyone else to be lucky.. not me.. actually it's him.. who gave the opportunity to be lucky to any other girl.. what God? Now.. I have given the opportunity to someone else to be lucky so don't make me so unlucky that I have to marry a stranger? I guess this must be not there in my destiny? I guess maybe he would be able to love someone else someday too.. but not me...now I don't have the courage to trust anyone else!)
.
.
.
TBC
DO VOTE AND REVIEW
.
So what do you all think about this chapter?
Vivaan got to know about Vritika's past!
Now what will happen?
Do let me know in the comments section what you all think about this chapter and the upcoming chapters?