Chapter 7

Vibhuti came inside his home with the papers. He was depressed about his deeds. He knew that now there will be a huge problem. He can't sacrifice his daughter due to his business.
Aisha came running towards him and said..

"Darsh ke papa... Sab kuch sahi ho gaya na? Abhi toh koi problem nahi hai! Deal toh mil gayi na aapko?"
(Darsh's Dad.. everything's okay right? Now there's no problem I feel! The deal is sealed?)

Vibhuti walked past her without saying anything and sat on the sofa.

"Papa... Yeh lijiye.. mithaaii... Aapki favourite! Abh toh sab thik ho jaayga! Employees ke salaries aur bonuses! Koi problem nahi hogi abh! Congratulations!"
(Dad.. here, have this.. sweets... Your favourite! Now everything's all right! Employees' salaries and bonuses will not be pending anymore! Congratulations!)

As Vritika made him eat the sweet, Vibhuti just looked at her daughter. His eyes filled with tears as he recalled what he did. He got up and hugged Vritika, tears started flowing from his eyes.

"Papa.. kya hua? Kuch pareshaani aayi hai?"
(Dad.. what happened? Is there a problem?)

"Mujhe maaf kar dijiye meri bacchi... Mujhse anarth ho gaya!"
(Forgive me dear.. I created a huge mishap today!)

Vritika, Aisha and Darsh were confused about what he was saying.

"Papa.. kya hua? Aap ro kyu rhe ho? Uncle ne deal dene se mana kar Diya kya?"
(Dad.. what happened? Why are you crying? Uncle rejected the deal?)

Vibhuti sobbed as he parted from her. He didn't have the courage to speak anything in front of her about this. So he gave her the papers he had in his hand. Vritika looked at him and started reading them. Everything was normal, it was just terms and conditions before any company would Collab with the other, and when the last page came. There she saw the bold sentence.

"This deal is only possible if you agree to marry your daughter Vritika with my son Vivaan!"

Vritika was shocked. Her hands started shivering. Aisha and Darsh peeped into the papers and read the sentence. And then they saw the signature of Vibhuti.

"Company ko deal Milne ki Khushi mein, apne employees ko wapas salaries Dene ki Khushi mein.. main Khushi mein itna andha ho gaya ki... Dekh hi nahi paaya ki paper mein likha kya hai..."
(The happiness of getting a deal, the happiness of giving salaries to our employees again.. I was so blind that I didn't see what was written on the papers!)

"Now everything's over! The client's gone! Apne papa ko iss bhul ke liye maaf kar Dena bacchi.. aap chinta mat karo... Main aapko force nahi karunga!aapko usse shaadi nahi karni paregi! Main aapko aise toh vidaa nahi karunga!"
(Now everything's over! The client's gone! Please forgive your dad for this mishap.. don't you worry.. I won't force you on this! You don't have to marry him! I won't bid you farewell like this!)

Vritika was in a deep thought.
And finally she started speaking.

"Nahi papa..  aap unko kuch nahi bologe!"
(No dad, you won't say anything to him!)

"Bolunga tabhi toh deal khatam hoga beta.."
(The deal will only get over if I say something!)

"Deal khatam hi toh nahi karni papa! Aapko mushkil se toh deal mili hai! Usme bhi aap aise kar rhe hai! Main shaadi ke liye taiyaar hu papa! Aap unko haa bol dijiye jaake! Aur main 100% sure hu!"
(There's no need to over the deal dad! You got this deal with so much difficulties! And you're doing like this! I am ready for the marriage dad! You agree to his terms! I am 100% sure for this!)

"Par beta..."
(But..)

"Koi par war kuch nahi! Aap aisa hi karenge! Yeh deal mat choriye papa... Aur shaadi toh mujhe waise bhi karni hi hai! Larka toh aap hi pasand karoge! Toh yehi sahi! Waise bhi meri graduation ho gayi hai koi problem nahi hogi unko!"
(No ifs and buts! You will do this! Don't leave this deal dad... And about marriage.. I have to do it anyway or the other.. and the groom will be selected by you! Then this is right! And i have graduated so they won't face any problem!)

Saying this Vritika went towards the kitchen while Darsh followed her.

"Are you sure about this?"

Vibhuti didn't say anything on aisha's question.

"Di.... Aap pagal ho Gaye ho kya? Yeh kya bolke aaye ho?"
(Di.. have you gone mad?? What did you just say there?)

"Nahi Darsh... Yehi sahi hai.. waise bhi meri shaadi hone hi hai.. toh abhi hi sahi... Aur Ahaan toh..."
(No Darsh.. this is right.. I have to marry anyways.. then now only .. and Ahaan...)

She stood silent while Darsh hugged her sister. He was weeping unaudibly. He was going through a roller coaster of emotions. He always used to tease her with marriage, and the time had really come.
.
Mr Aditya Malhotra came to their house with his family priest to fix the date. Vritika was as usual peeping through the kitchen wearing a simple anarkali suit.
Her mom came to her.

"Beta.. Darsh ke sath jaake thoda mithai le aana.. khatam ho gyi hai!"
(Dear.. please go with Darsh and bring some sweets..)

Vritika nodded and went with Darsh.

"Arre Samdhiji, namaste.. yeh humare family pandit hai! Yehi mahurat nikalenge! Aap Vritika ki kundli le aana!"
(Oh partner, greetings.. he's our family priest! He will decide the date! You bring Vritika's horoscope!)

He was not alone, Swarna had also come with him to discuss about her son's wedding.

Everyone was sitting in the main room, while Vibhuti spoke up.

"Aditya ji.. aapne toh humari Vritika ko dekha hai... Kya ek baar hum humare hone wale damad se mil sakte hai?"
(Mr Aditya.. you have seen our Vritika... Can for once we see our son in law?)

"Arre Vibhuti ji.. aapko waise bhi shaadi karwana hi hai! Toh kya zarurat dekhne ki.. aap dekhenge na humare bete ko.. sagai ke din!"
(Mr Vibhuti.. you have to marry your daughter with our son! Then what's the need to meet him? You will see him at the day of engagement don't worry!)

Vibhuti couldn't say anything more while the priest decided the dates.
.
.
.
TBC
DO VOTE AND REVIEW