Chapter 10

Vritika was sitting in her room in front of the mirror wearing her wedding lehnga. Vibhuti came inside her room along with Darsh. They both sat on either side of hers. Vritika looked at them as tears fell from each of their eyes.

"Aapko utna accha toh nahi saja sakte jitna yeh log sajayenge.. bass man ke liye.. churiya toh pehna hi sakte hai.."
(We can't do your makeover the way they can.. but to keep our emotions.. we can help you wear the bangles..)

"Aur main payal.."
(And me payal..)

They both said with tears while she nodded.
After making her wear the jewelleries, they kissed her forehead and left the room.
After getting all ready she looked at herself in the mirror.

"Ready to be someone else's?"

She chuckled at her fate.

"Vrits... Dulhe wale aa gye hai!"
(Vrits.. the groom has arrived!)

Her friend came and informed her and then they saw her.

"Vrits.. kitni Sundar lag rhi hai.."
(Vrits.. how beautiful you are looking..)

"Bass thodi si smile ki Kami hai.."
(But the smile's missing!)

"Kya faayda.. jiske liye smile thi.. woh smile leke chala gaya.."
(What's the use... The one for whom I smiled.. he took it along with him..)

"Lekin tu uske wajah se apni aur Vivaan ki zindagi toh barbaad nahi kar sakti na.. uss bechare ki isme kya dosh?"
(But because of him you can't waste your and Vivaan's life.. what's his fault in this?)

"Ritu sahi bol rhi hai Vritika.. Vivaan kuch hi ghanto mein tera pati ho jaayga... Abhse tujhe uske baare mein sochna chahiye.. naaki kisi aur ke baare mein.."
(Ritu is right.. in a few hours he will be your husband.. from now on you should think about only him.. not anyone else..)

Vritika was serious about it. She thought of it as a deal. She's marrying him because it's a part of the terms and conditions.. and nothing much.
.
Here.. Vivaan was in deep thought. He was excited to marry her, but was confused. As he sat on the sofa.. Veer came to him.. he looked at Vivaan's face.. unknowingly Vivaan bit his lower lip  thinking about it...

"Lagta hai Zoro ki pressure lagi hai aur aap jaa nahi sakte

"Lagta hai Zoro ki pressure lagi hai aur aap jaa nahi sakte.."
(Feels like you've got nature's call hard.. and you can't move from here!)

Vivaan glared at him.

"Accha batao ki kya hua? Kis soch mein khoye ho?"
(Ohkay tell me.. what happened? What are you thinking?)

"Veer.. mujhe Aisa kyu lag rha hai ki uska man nahi hai mere saath shaadi karne ki? Like tune notice Kiya hai? Engagement Wale din usne mujhse baat tak nahi ki.. and functions ke photos mein uska chehra kaisa utra hua hai.."
(Veer.. why am I feeling that she doesn't wanna marry me? Like.. have you noticed? On our engagement day she didn't speak to me.. and the photos.. of the functions.. she's so sad..)

"Arre bhaiya.. zyada mat socho.. shaadi se pehle har larki dukh mein dubti hai.. gharwalo ko chorne ka dukh woh sab.. isliye enjoy nahi kar paati hai.. aap tension mat lo! Shaadi ke baad sab thik ho jaayga!"
(Arre bro.. don't think that much... Before marrying someone girls go through the pain of moving apart from her parents and family.. that's why she's sad and cannot enjoy her functions.. don't worry! Everything will be okay after marriage!)

Saying this veer went while Vivaan smiled

"I hope tu Jo bol Raha hai wohi sach ho.."
(I hope whatever you're saying is the truth..)

He whispered to himself.
Slowly the rituals started with the groom. All the time Vivaan was restless to see his bride..
And finally the time came when she was called.
Slowly she came down with her friends. Vivaan was not allowed to see her. She came and stood opposite Vivaan. There was a partition made between them with a cloth. As the priest ordered, the cloth was dropped and that was when Vivaan saw his bride, as Vritika saw him. Vivaan was mesmerized by her beauty. Their family came and gave them the garlands. They exchanged the garlands as everyone hooted.
As they both sat in front of the havan. They did as the priest instructed. Getting a small chance in between. Vivaan leaned towards her ear.

"Khubsurat lag rhi ho bohot.."
(You're looking beautiful..)

He whispered in her ears making her shiver. A little blush came on her cheeks. After a time, the priest instructed Darsh to tie the knot. He came and tied it tightly.

"I hope mere di aur jiju ka rishta humesha bana rahe!"
(I hope the relationship between you two always be beautiful!)

They both smiled. Vivaan stood up but before Vritika could do so.. she stepped on her lehnga and was about to fall on the havan when Vivaan saved her. Later, he made her stand and held her hand. Vritika looked at Vivaan continuously. Then she looked at Darsh who was giving her a signal of "told you so"..
As they were taking vows, Veer came to Darsh.

"Kya baat kahi aankho hi aankho mein unse?"
(What you both talked in signals?)

"Bro-sis secret!"

Saying this Darsh went to other side.
The couple was done taking the vows, and now were seated for the vermilion ceremony. Vivaan took some of it in his fingers and looked at Vritika who had closed her eyes. He smiled at her and filled her hair partition with the vermillion. As Vritika opened her eyes, they met with Vivaan's.

"Yeahhh!!! Vritika ke naak pe sindoor giri hai! Matlab inn dono ka shaadi shuda jivaan bohot acche se aur khushi se beetegi!"
(Yeaahh!!! The vermillion fell on her nose too! That means they'll have a happy and prosperous wedding life!)

Ritu whispered in happiness which was not unheard by Vritika and Vivaan.
They both looked other side while veer came and made them look at each other

"Abhi idhar udhar nahi.. sirf ek dusre ko dekhna hai!"
(Now you will not look at the environment but will look at each other!)

He smirked and went. Vivaan tied the nuptial chain around Vritika's neck. And they were announced as husband and wife. They went towards everyone and took the blessings. As they came towards Vritika's parents, Mr Malhotra came and hugged both Vritika and Vivaan and said

"Miliye abh.. Vritika Malhotra se.. humari nayi bahu!"
(Meet our new bride.. Vritika Malhotra!)

That brought tears to the family's eyes and they started weeping, hugging each other. Vivaan was feeling sad looking at them. But there was nothing he could do to soothe the pain.
.
.
.
TBC
DO VOTE AND REVIEW
.
So what are your views regarding this chapter?
Vritika is now married to Vivaan.
Did you all like Veer's tries to bring both of them closer? 👀👀
Do let me know in the comments how you all felt!